We understand the importance of your privacy and consider it seriously.
- How we collect personal data/information from you
- How we share your data/information
- How you access and update the data/information
- How you can change the choices about the data we collect, use, and share
- Through our free, ad-supported website products, subscriptions, platforms, and services
- Through emails and other medium of communication between you and us (with your consent) &
- Through any software provided on our website products, services, and emails (collectively, “Our Services,” or “Our Products”)
Collection of Information
How and Why We Collect Data/Information from You
We store the information that you provide us directly. For example, when you create an account, signup to our services, we collect your username, email address, and contact details. We may also collect the information you choose to provide (Date of Birth, Age, Sex, Gender, Address, Preferences) if you choose to provide it. We also collect information when you update your profile, submit or comment on quiz, participate in daily quiz and other services, promotions, invite friends, post a question, join a group/team, fill out a form, send a message, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us in any medium.
The types of information we may collect include name, contact information, photo, email address, phone number, gender, credit card/other payment details, and other information you choose to provide. We gather the information that you give us when creating your profile on Trivia Sharp. If you win prizes for a contest or through events we organize, we will collect the information that you complete and send to us.
Information Collected When You Use Our Services
Log Information: We collect information about how you use our website including the type of browser you use, access location, time, pages visited, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our website.
Device Information: We collect information about the device (computer/mobile you use to access our services including the operation system, browser version, hardware model, unique device identifiers, and network information.
Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device with your consent.
Information and Data Collected by Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may collect information from other sources through our services. For example, if you create or login to our services through social media, we may have access to certain information from that service, such as your name, account information, friends list, based on the your privacy setting for that service.
How We Use Information Collected from You
We strive to be as responsive as possible and ensure the proper function of our services. We use your data/information:
- to register your account and provide relevant services
- to secure your account and prevent fraud
- for our internal data management, records, tracking, and lawful business purposes
- to respond to your queries and requests
- to provide technical assistance whenever there’s a need
- to enable you to provide feedback
- to communicate with your about services, features, content, products, and other service offerings
- to interact and engage with you about new products and features
- to customize and optimize solutions and content that are specific to your preferences
- to improve and monetize the services which include traffic, usage, trends, navigations, and other activities on our site
- to protect third-party rights or interests
- to respond to legal process, to establish legal rights and defend against legal claims
- to prevent fraud and other illegal activity and protect you from people violating our terms and conditions which may include sharing information with other companies, government entities, legal entities, and more
- for other purposes with your prior consent
Permissible under applicable law, we reserve the right to send you communication notice regarding the operation of the service or to advise you of changes, events, or processes that will affect your access to use our services without offering you the opportunity to opt-out.
We will also send you marketing communications which you can wish to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications, you may do so at any time. You may opt-out of future communication by logging out of our site. You can also edit your preferences at any time.
Sharing Your Information
We will not share your information except in the following scenarios or as otherwise specified in the policy
Your Information Will Be Shared
- As aggregate and anonymized information about your interests, your use of the services, and the links and ads that you follow with content providers or advertisers
- With Vendors, consultants, service providers, and others who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- In response to a request for information (only if we believe disclosure is by any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Trivia Sharp or other
- In connection with, or during negotiation of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company
- Based on your consent with the information you provide in a particular manner
Your profile information posted in a public area of the website will be publicly available. This includes information submitted in comments or quizzes. Information about your score, achievement may also be publically shared through our leaderboard page.
We may also share anonymous and aggregated information without disclosing your identity.
Transferring Your Information
We are a US-based Company. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the information what we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of your country to provide the services to you. In particular, this may have different or less protect privacy laws than the United States.
Social Sharing Features
The services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram buttons which let you share your posts/actions/scores you take on our website with other social media platforms. The use of such feature enables the sharing of profile information with your friends or the publish depending on the settings you establish with the media platform. To know more about the scope of data collection on other social media platforms, please visit the privacy policies and your privacy settings of the entities that provide these features.
How Long We Retain Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as it is required to provide the service to you and to fulfil our legal requirements and to defend legal claims.
We will store your information and data in an aggregated and anonymized format after you have terminated your use of the service. We retain certain information for legitimate business purposes as required by law.
- If you have registered your profile with us, you may update or review the certain personal information in your account by logging into the account with the credential used at the time of registration.
- You may opt-out of marketing emails or unsubscribe to our services
- You may control certain privacy setting through user profile and preferences.
- We work with other targeted advertisement companies that offer their opt-out mechanisms. If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements that may not be relevant to you. Even if you choose to opt-out, you may receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from certain companies.
- When you first access our website, you will be asked to consent to the collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of this information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device/computer.
- You may indicate your preferences for receiving certain notifications and communications from Trivia Sharp. You can opt-out of receiving promotional content by unsubscribing to certain services.
- With your consent, we may send a promotional and non-promotional push notification or alerts on your devices. You can deactivate the messages any time by changing the notification settings.
We do not collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian finds such activities, he or she should contact us immediately for us to take further actions. We will remove such information from our database on priority.
The California Consumer Privacy Act
The CCPA requires Trivia Sharp to disclose Personal Information and it’s related data we collect and how we use it, the sources from where we collect data, and the third parties with whom we share information.
As per the California Consumer Protection Act, California residents have the right to know the personal data collected about them and they have the right to request this information be deleted. They also have the right to know details of how their data is being used, who the data is shared with/sold to, and they can also request that their data not be sold to third parties.
California Residents have the following rights:
Right to Know and Access – You can request information regarding the types of personal information we collect, use, and share. You may know the purpose of such information collected and used by Trivia Sharp, how we collect the information, and the specific piece of information we collect about you.
Right to Non-discrimination – We will not discriminate you for exercising your privacy rights.
Right to Delete – You may request to close or delete your personal information anytime. Trivia Sharp does not sell the personal information of users.
How Do We Make Changes to This Policy?
Trivia Sharp may change this policy from time to time with/without notice. We’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Trivia Sharp after those changes are in effect, you agree to the new policy. If the changes are significant we may provide notice and get your consent.