Have you been wondering why there are so many celebrities selling their homes in 2020? Here is a list of expensive celebrity homes that were sold and why they were sold.
Famous Celebrity Homes Bought and Sold In 2020
- Mindy Kaling bought Frank Sinatra’s Malibu beach house for $9.5 million.
- Zayn Malik sold his NYC penthouse for $9.45 million.
- Greg Norman sold his 30-year-old home in Jupiter Island nicknamed “Tranquility.”
- Elon Musk sold his Bel-Air mansion that was home to his Ad Astra school.
- Jennifer Lawrence sold her NYC condo for a very low bid of $9.9 million.
- Dhar Mann bought Khloe Kardashian’s Calabasas Mansion for $15.5 million that is comparatively a high bid considering the neighborhood.
- A hedge fund executive sold Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitts’s former marital abode this year for $32.5 million.
- Tommy Hilfiger has put up his 22 acres European-style home with a view of Manhattan’s skyline for sale.
Why Do Celebrities Sell Their Homes So Much?
- They want to change to a fancier neighborhood due to an increase in their popularity and status.
- Just think of it, what if you lived in the former home of a famous person. How cool would that be? That’s a reason why celebrities move into popular homes.
- Downsizing is the best option to save some money when they aren’t popular anymore.
- Celebrities love secluded places away from the paparazzi and annoying fans.
- They are moving out of the city forever.
- The house keeps reminding them about past memories.
- A simple want for change can lead celebrities to sell their houses.
- A house with better amenities and scope for renovation is always preferred.
- They simply like another mansion and want to buy it. So they sell the old one for extra cash.
- Some do it as part of a publicity stunt, just to gain attention from the media.
Now that you know about the celebrities’ homes that have sold and why, try winning this quiz too.
Which Celebrity Owns the Biggest Home?
- A. Bruce Willis
- B. James Franco
- C. Mel Gibson
- D. Oprah Winfrey