What Is Grand Carnivale at Kings Islands?
Kings Island is about to host Grand Carnivale, the largest summer event. The 16-day festival returns for the second time in the park’s history. The celebration was held for the first time in 2019 and it was postponed in 2020 due to pandemic. The Grand Carnivale at Kings Island began last weekend and lasts up to August 1. Kings Island Grand Carnivale is a fun and festive cultural experience that your entire family will enjoy. Discover more facts about the Grand Carnivale here.
Facts about the Grand Carnivale
- Kings Island’s Grand Carnival is an international celebration highlighting cultures from China, Germany, France, India, Italy, and Spain.
- The Spectacle of Color parade, live entertainment, culinary cuisines from around the world, and a fireworks finale are all part of the festivities.
- Admission to Kings Island includes the Grand Carnival festivities. The music, decorations, food, and parades are all free!
- When you purchase the Grand Carnivale Food Tasting Card. This card entitles you to six different cultural food items of your choice for the low price of $30.
- Each night, the Grand Carnival begins with a brief “Welcome Ceremony,” and it will be hosted by King Carl Nivale, Queen Cara Nivale, and the Royal Court.
- Quench your thirst with international beverages at select food booths, but don’t miss out on the Carnivale Cocktail, our signature alcoholic beverage made with vodka, blue curacao, and melon Midori.
- The setting for Kings Dominion’s Eiffel Tower is centered on the park’s iconic Eiffel Tower and their International Street entrance plaza.
- Germany is on the right side of International Street (Starbucks, Cinnabon, Panda Express), Italy is on the left (Berzerker, Dominator), China is behind the Eiffel Tower and to the right, India is behind the Eiffel Tower and to the left, and France (of course) is directly under the Eiffel Tower.
- The King and Queen of Grand Carnivale have scoured the globe for the best acts in international music, dancing, acrobatics, and much more. You may be able to join in the fun with our talented performers in some of our shows.
- There were traditional German musicians (doing the Chicken Dance!) as well as a polka band playing traditional favorites in Germany.
- There were musicians playing the drums and the sitar in India, as well as a group of women performing traditional Indian dance.
- The Grand Carnivale cuisine includes “Beef Ribs and the Szechuan Beef Buns” from China, “Tandoori Chicken Tacos” from India, “Mama’s Meatballs and Roman Suppli” from Italy, and the “Crepe Monsieur” from France.
The Kings Island Grand Carnivale Events Take Place In ____.
- A. Ohio
- B. Columbus
- C. Cleveland
- D. None of the Above