“90 Day Fiance” is one of the most popular reality shows. The show is a complete package of entertainment. The drama, hatred, love, tears, laughter, gossips, and betrayal attracted many audiences from different parts of the world. For many, the show was absolutely captivating, the show was an American television series on TLC that involved many couples who applied for or received a K-1 visa which was exclusively available only for the foreign citizens marrying U.S citizens to make arrangements for their wedding. The couples must decide whether or not to marry before the visa expires( in 90 days). The couples face many challenges due to the different cultural backgrounds and family traditions. The show is all about whether the couples can successfully break all the barriers, prove their love, and marry each other or not.
Everything about the show is telecast but there are some hidden crazy facts about the show that even the biggest fans do not know, we have listed them here.
- Do “90 Day Fiance” couples get paid? This is one of the most asked questions and the most unknown secret too. We will reveal it now, the “90 Day Fiance” salary per episode for a couple is $1000 and additionally, $2,500 are paid as a bonus for attending the “Tell All” special show. A producer of the show “90 Day Fiance”, Matt Sharp once also explained that it would be illegal to pay someone who does not have a green card. Luis Mendez, a season six cast member once also claimed on his Instagram that the TV show only uses immigrant people and destroys their lives with bad fame. He also mentioned that he wasn’t paid any money when he appeared on the show. According to Nikki Cooper, not only the couple but no compensation was paid to the friends and family members for attending the show. Nikki also mentioned “didn’t get a single dime from the show” when she and her husband made an appearance in season 5.
- Here is a 90 Day Fiance Secret, many of you may wonder, Is 90 Day Fiance real? Yes, of course, but the thing is “TLC does not pair up the couples.” To clarify Matt Sharp says “We’re not involved in the immigration process,” “We find couples for the show that are already in the process. It’s an authentic process: These are couples who are in love and going through this process.” “We don’t put people together. Everyone we feature on the show, they found themselves organically.” So, basically the couples apply together, they have to know each other already. While applying one has to include their story, recent photos, and majorly the K1 status of their fiancés. If you wonder how most of the couples end up marrying each other it’s because the couples who participate are already in a relationship and through this show, they decide whether they want to marry each other or not. In fact, one of the most important rules of the show is that the couples must be in a relationship to participate.
- Totally 4 couples participated in the season 1, Russ and Paola, Mike and Aziza, Alan and Kirlyam, and Louis and Aya. Surprisingly, all the season 1 couples are married and still living together happily, most of them also have kids. Despite the family background and language problems, they broke all the barriers and are living happily. In the rest of the season( Season 2 to season 5) from the 22 couples, 11 couples are married and still living together, some have children too.
- Matt Sharp, founder, and CEO of Industrial Media’s Sharp Entertainment shared about how he got the idea of starting the show. He mentioned that in 2012 he saw a piece of news about Americans who started talking with people online, how they found their true love, and how they traveled abroad just to meet the person they love for the first time. Alon Orstein also mentioned that when he and Matt discussed the idea first it seemed very fresh. Unlike, other reality shows like The Bachelor which just put people together in a house, this show featured the process of connecting two people from different backgrounds and religions who already know each other well seemed perfect, he said.
- 90 Day Fiance Nikki and Mark- Mark, and Nikki have an age difference of 40 and notably, Nikki is a year younger than Mark’s daughter. It is reported that the couple met in an online dating service and after the show, they got married both in Israel and the U.S. After the show, fans are eager to know whether they both are still living together or not, but there is no way to trace it because Nikki’s Instagram account is inactive since 2013 and Mike is not spotted to have any social media profile. But last year, Nikki and Mark filed various lawsuits against the Discovery Communication, NB Universal, and Sharp production. And also one of the Reddit users mentioned that they were spotted together a few months back by their fans living in their neighborhood. This shows that the couple is still living together happily.
1. The Show “90 Day Fiance” Was Started in 2012.
- A. True
- B. False