Can You Score 15/15 on This North Shore Scenic Drive Quiz?
Ashley | 06 - 02 - 2021
Updated: February 6, 2021 11:00 pm IST
Are you ready to take this fresh and exciting North Shore Scenic Drive quiz? Challenge yourself with our North Shore Scenic Drive trivia questions to know about one of the most loved destinations of Minnesota. Our North Shore Scenic Drive quiz helps you to know about the most interesting facts about the famous tourist attraction and its scenic trails, state parks, historic sites, and the world’s largest freshwater inland port. Play with your friends and have fun.
1. Who Was the First Explorer to Reach the Lake Superior?
Étienne Brûlé was the first French explorer to reach Lake Superior, the largest lake in North America. He was sent out by Samuel de Champlin in search of the Northwest Passage in 1623 or 1624.
2. When Was the North Shore Highway First Built?
In 1920, the North Shore highway was built which makes the North Shore accessible by land and at the same time catching fishes were also declined hence the fishermen began to go out for business.
3. The North Shore Scenic Drive Is Also Known As?
Minnesota’s North Shore Scenic Drive is also known as Highway 61 which travels from Duluth’s Canal Park to the Grand Portage and Canadian border and also this route is parallel to Lake Superior.
4. What Is the Overall Population of Duluth, Minnesota?
Duluth has a population of 85,618 which makes Duluth the fourth largest city in Minnesota. This city is located on the North Shore of Lake Superior. This city is the largest metropolitan area on the lake.
5. Two Harbours Are Also Known as Minnesota’s Oldest Working Lighthouse.
The Two Harbors’ light station is also known as Minnesota’s oldest working lighthouse. The construction of the light station began in 1891 & completed in the year 1892 which is located in Two Harbors, Minnesota.
6. Is Lake Superior the Largest Freshwater Lake in the World?
Lake Superior is the world’s largest freshwater lake and the total surface area of Lake Superior is 31,700 square miles which are greater than the total combined area of Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island.
7. What Is the Length of the North Shore Scenic Drive?
The Palisade Head is a large rock formation located on the North Shore of lake superior in Minnesota. Palisade Head is located approximately 54 miles northeast of Duluth & 3 miles northeast of silver bay.
8. What Is the Length of the North Shore Scenic Drive?
The total length of the North Shore Scenic Drive is 239.5 km which runs from Duluth, Minnesota at the southwestern end of the lake to Ontario, Canada in the north to the Sault Ste Marie in the east.
9. Duluth’s Lake Superior Harbor, Also Known As_________________
The Duluth lake superior harbor is also known as canal park which is located in Duluth city. This ship canal is an artificial canal that provides direct access to Duluth harbor from Lake Superior.
10. Russ Kendall’s Smoke House Lies in ____________river.
Russ Kendall’s smokehouse is a famous must-visit place located in the Knife River since 1908. This smokehouse has been serving for five generations and it has been a one-stop destination since 1920.
11. Which Is the Most Popular Stop on Minnesota’s North Shore?
Minnesota’s North Shore Scenic Drive is also known as all American scenic drive which is one of the state’s most visited destinations like Betty's pies, Rustic Inn Cafe, Castle Danger Brewery, and so on.
12. Which Beach in Minnesota Is Known for Its Black Sand?
One of the famous beaches in Minnesota is famous for its black sand that lies on the shore of Lake Superior and the black sand is not a natural occurrence that is a result of dumped taconite for years.
13. The North Shore Scenic Drive Provides Access to How Many State Parks?
The most spectacular scenery of the North Shore Scenic Drive has eight state parks which have been designated as the national destination as an “All-American Road” located in Minnesota, United States.
14. Spring Season Is the Best Season to Visit the North Shore Scenic Drive.
The spring season is the best time to visit the North Shore Scenic Drive in Minnesota because the wildflowers start to appear in the forests in this season which is at the end of May and the first half of June.
15. Who Organized the Superior National Forest on the North Shore?
In 1909, the famous president Teddy Roosevelt organized the superior national forest between the North Shore and Canada border. The forests spread about 3 million acres(12,000 km²).