The Ultimate Big Bend National Park Quiz
Eliza | 13 - 10 - 2020
Updated: October 13, 2020 5:00 am IST
Big Bend National Park is an American national park located in West Texas, bordering Mexico. If you are a big fan of the Big Bend National Park, you must play our Big Bend National Park quiz. We have gathered some interesting Big Bend National Park trivia questions and answers just for you to be knowledgeable. Play our Big Bend National Park quiz to learn more interesting Big Bend National Park facts about them.
1. When Was Big Bend Established as a National Park?
Big Bend was established as a national park in June of 1935. The park comprises 1,252 square miles of land, making it larger than the state of Rhode Island.
2. Is Big Bend National Park Dangerous?
There were some victim crimes in the Big Bend region. But if you let someone in authority know where you will be hiking and when you will be coming out , it will be safe.
3. What is the best time of year to go to Big Bend?
The best time of year to visit Big Bend National Park is the spring or the fall.
4. How Many Days Do You Need in Big Bend?
You can explore the major roads more thoroughly and still have time for hiking in three days in the Big Bend Park.
5. How Far Is Big Bend from Dallas?
The distance between Dallas and Big Bend National Park is 453 miles. The road distance is 569.6 miles.
6. Are There Mountain Lions in Big Bend?
Each year, over 150 lion sightings are reported by visitors to Big Bend National Park. While most of these sightings were along park roadways, encounters along trails have also occurred.
7. How Many Mountain Lions Are Encountered in Big Bend National Park since 2004?
In Big Bend National ParK located in west Texas, there have been 21 mountain lion encounters since 2004.
8. How Cold Does It Get in Big Bend in Winter?
Winters generally experience daily lows around 35° and highs around 65°, while in the summer the lows are typically around 65° with highs above 90°.
9. When Can You See the Milky Way in Big Bend?
The Big Bend is a great place to see the Milky Way. Summer is the best time of year to see the Milky Way in the northern hemisphere.
10. What Time Does Big Bend Open?
Big Bend national park is open all year and the timing is 8:30 am-5:00 pm.
11. Which Us State Has the Most National Parks?
Twenty-nine states and two U.S. territories have a total of 62 national parks. California has the most with nine, followed by Alaska with eight, Utah with five, and Colorado with four.
12. What Is the Highest Point in Big Bend National Park?
Emory Peak, located in Big Bend National Park, is the highest peak in the Chisos Mountains and the highest in Brewster County.
13. What Is the Only State without a National Park?
National parks showcase natural beauty like Yosemite and historic venues like Independence Park. Delaware is the only state in the country without a National Park, but maybe not for long.
14. What Is the Least Visited National Park?
Alaska's Gates of the Arctic National Park and Preserve are with no roads or trails and a landscape carved by glaciers. It had just 10,518 visitors in 2019 and was the least-visited national park of the year.
15. Which Country Has the Most National Parks?
Australia has the most national parks. It consists of over 500 national parks.