Can You Pass This National Mall Quiz?
Elmira | 02 - 12 - 2020
Updated: December 2, 2020 11:00 pm IST
How much do you know about Cherry Blossoms in the National Mall? Take our informative quiz to learn about National Mall history. Our fifteen challenging quiz questions will help improve your history knowledge. If you want to put your history knowledge to test, playing National Mall trivia questions is the right option. Nation Mall facts are focused on the number of visitors to the Mall, about the memorials, monuments, events, protests, and rallies that happened in the Mall, about the cherry blossom trees, and many more. Play our interesting National Mall quiz now!
1. Can You Guess Which One of the Memorials is Located in the National Mall?
Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, World War II Memorial, Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Veterans Memorial are located in the National Mall.
2. In Which US State the National Mall is Located?
The National Mall is located in Washington, D.C., the capital city of the US. The Mall is managed by the National Park Service (NPS) of the United States Department of the Interior.
3. How Many People Visit the Mall Every Year?
As reported by the International Council of Shopping Centers, around 105 million visitors visited the Mall last year. That makes an average of 2.1 trips every month.
4. Does the National Mall Consist of Important Museums, Monuments, and Buildings?
The National Mall consists of important museums, eight must-see monuments, and buildings.
5. What Does the National Mall Represent?
The National Mall symbolized three main traits such as democracy, equality, and freedom. It has several museums of the Smithsonian Institution, cultural institutions, art galleries, memorials, statues.
6. Is the White House Part of the National Mall?
The National Mall includes the White House as well as the Capitol building. The space between Washington Monument and the Capitol building is known as the green space.
7. How Long Is the National Mall in DC?
The National Mall is situated in Washington, DC, which stretches over 2 miles from the Lincoln Memorial on the west to the USA Capitol on the east.
8. National Mall Was Built to Display as a ___________.
The National Mall was constructed as a monumental, decorous, and symbolic setting for the governmental structures, national memorials, and museums.
9. Can You Guess Museums on the National Mall?
It has several museums that include the National Gallery of Art., United States Botanic Garden, National Air & Space Museum, National Museum of Natural History, and National Museum of American History.
10. Which U.S. President Oversaw the Planning of the Nation's Capital and Its Centerpiece, the Mall?
George Washington ( first U.S. President) oversaw the planning of the Nation's Capital and its Centerpiece of the Mall.
11. How Many Vehicles through the National Mall?
Around 440,000 vehicles travel through the National Mall every Weekday particularly on Constitution and Independence streets and side streets.
12. In Which Century the Railroad Ran through the National Mall?
In the 19th century, a railroad was built and ran through the National Mall. There was a large market that was established on one side of the Mall.
13. People Gathered at the National Malls for Protests and Rallies.
Yes. National Mall has a large green space that is known as the heart of the city where people gather for festivals, rallies, protests, and picnics.
14. What Historical Plan Is the Blueprint for the Mall?
The1791 L'Enfant Plan and the 1901-1902 McMillan Commission Plan are known as the blueprints of the National Mall. The plan was developed by Major Pierre (Peter) Charles L'Enfant for George Washington.
15. National Mall Is Located on the Bank of _________ River.
The National Mall is located on the bank of the Potomac River. It is about 405 miles long and runs from the Potomac Highlands into the Chesapeake Bay.
16. Does the National Mall Have Cherry Blossom Trees?
The National Mall is filled with the Japanese Yoshino Cherry trees that give an extravagant floral display every spring around the Tidal Basin. Around 9,000 trees can be found on the National Mall.