With the highest number of fans, tennis remains one of the most popular sports. These weird tennis rules can be helpful for new players as well as those who love to learn about the sport. Every sport has its own rules, tennis is one among them. It is widely recognized as a racket sport, created to play individually or between two players on each side. With its unique gameplay and rules, tennis became one of the most popular sports in the world. Millions of people watch tennis tournaments, not all of them know about the important rules of tennis. Before you spin the racket, you should be well-versed in the basic rules for tennis to expand your knowledge.
Weird Tennis Rules That You May Not Know
Looking for some weird tennis rules about serving? Learning these basic tennis rules can help you understand how tennis enchanted many fans.
- In tennis, players are allowed to serve underarm as it can help score the point.
- The player is not permitted to go over or touch the net. With racquets, players cannot touch the net.
- Except with the racket, players are not allowed to touch the ball till the point is over.
- A player should not hit the ball into anything then the net or court before it lands.
- A player is strictly prohibited to throw a racket intentionally.
- A player should not whiff the ball while serving.
- A player is not permitted to reach over the net to hit the ball if the ball bounces his/her side of the court.
- A player is allowed to hit the ball across the net. It is illegal to hit through the net.
- A player’s racket shouldn’t cross the plane of the net.
- While swinging a player is allowed to hit the ball twice, unintentionally.
- A player is allowed to stand anywhere on or outside the court except when he is serving.
- During the game, a player can take around 20 seconds break (within limits) between points sets and games.
- It is against the rule to use the ball to wipe off sweat.
- It is regarded as ready when they make eye contact with the server for two seconds.
In Tennis, a Coin Toss Decides Which Player Must Serve First.
- A. True
- B. False