The 2020 Grand Slam of tennis was abruptly canceled due to the pandemic and the 2021 Grand Slam season has just begun. Here is everything you need to know about the Grand Slam winners of 2019 which is also the last Grand Slam season to be played in a calendar year.
A Tennis Grand Slam calendar year comprises 4 tournaments namely:
- Australian Open
- French Open
- US Open
A player who wins all four tournaments ultimately wins the Grand Slam title.
Tennis Originated in _______
- A. The U.S.
- B. U.K
- C. Australia
- D. None of the Above
- Career Grand Slam is when a player has won all four tournaments during their career. It does not necessarily mean they won them in one season.
- Calendar & Career Golden Grand Slam is when the player has won all four tournaments in one season itself
- Calendar & Career Super Slam is when a player wins all four tournaments, one Olympic gold medal, and ATP Finals/WTP Finals/Wheelchair Tennis Masters’ year-end championship during their career.
- Three-Quater Slam is when the player has won only 3 of the tournaments within a single season/calendar year.
Winners List of Tennis Grand Slams 2019
2019 tennis Grand Slam was held from mid-January to November. Here is a list of winners and runner ups of the Grand Slam tennis 2019 tournament
|Australian Open||Novac Djokovic||Rafael Nadal|
|French Open||Rafael Nadal||Dominic Theim|
|US Open||Rafael Nadal||Daniel Medvedev|
|Wimbledon||Novac Djokovic||Roger Federer|
Best Grand Slam Matches of 2019
2019 Grand Slam Season review:
- The Nitto ATP finals between Theim and Djokovic were a historical match for both. Theim was about to win against a legendary player while Djokovic was playing for his 6th win in a row.
- The match between Theim and Federer was no less. Theim had continuously lost 4 consecutive matches out of seven but had defeated the 5 time Champion Roger Federer.
- The match between Nick Kyrgois and Stefano Tsitspas was a treat for the eyes and a very special match that was the highlight of the year.
Are you ready to slam the Grand Slam quiz?