The tension between Germany and Great Britain was the prime reason England had invaded so many countries under the pretext of trade.
America, the land of the brave, declared its independence from Britain and then fought the American Revolutionary War with valor, unlike other countries who fought for years to be granted one.
Play this quiz to know interesting facts about where the declaration of independence was signed and other facts
In Which City Was the Declaration of Independence Signed?
- A. Philadelphia
- B. Boston
- C. New York
- D. Massachusetts
When Was the Declaration Approved?
The American government and the British faced serious disagreements with Britain’s imperial policy, taxation, and frontier policy in the 70s faced resistance and boycotts from the public.
The members of the continental congress began favoring the declaration of independence when they understood that reconciliation with the British government would be impossible given the circumstances.
Declaration of Independence Date
The colonies gathered sufficient supporters, established private ports after Britain prohibited trade to America. The declaration of independence drafted by Thomas Jefferson was reviewed by Benjamin Franklin and John Adams.
The final draft was presented to Congress on June 28, 1776, and the Declaration of Independence was signed on 2nd August 1776 and was officially adopted on the 4th of July.
America later secured an alliance with foreign countries especially France and gained a superpower in the oncoming years.
Interesting Facts About the Declaration of Independence
- The bill for independence was proposed by Richard Lee
- John Adams of Massachusetts, Benjamin Franklin of Pennsylvania, Robert R. Livingston of New York, Roger Sherman of Connecticut, and Thomas Jefferson of Virginia wrote the declaration of independence.
- New York was the only colony to abstain from accepting the bill of independence.
- The bill of independence took 442 to become a reality.
- The declaration of independence was specifically given in a written format to gain foreign allies to make the 13 individual colonies into one nation.
- “Original Declaration of Independence dates 4th July 1776.” is written upside down on the reverse of the declaration of independence.
Play the quiz to discover more facts about the declaration of independence