Mickey Mouse is the most famous cartoon character in the world. It is unarguably one of the top animation characters, invented by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks at the Walt Disney Studios in 1928. Mickey’s debut short film was Steamboat Willie (1928). Mickey often appeared with his girlfriend, Minnie Mouse, and also with a crew of friends that includes Donald Duck, Goofy, and Pluto.
An anthropomorphic mouse became the most recognized cartoon character, won kids’ hearts, with his optimistic actions. Mickey Mouse entertains and inspires kids as well as adults with his cheerful and lively adventures. The moment we hear Mickey Mouse’s name all we can recall is his classy look of red shorts, big yellow shoes, and white gloves.
We can’t ignore the fact that Mickey Mouse is titled the top animated star of hundreds of Disney animated movies. During the past years, Mickey Mouse was first noted by animator Ub Iwerks.
1. Which Character Is Walt Disney’s Favourite?
- A. Goofy
- B. Donald Duck
- C. Mickey Mouse
- D. Mickey Mouse
In the 1950s, Mickey Mouse Club was a popular television show for kids in the United States. History reveals how the signature black cap with mouse ears worn by the shows became attractive and treated the audience’s eyes. Mickey marked his name on the top and won a special reward by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in 1932.
Mickey remains an icon of entertainment, and we still love to watch Mickey’s mesmerizing lively adventures from the legendary Steamboat Willie to a more recent film Carnaval.
Less Known Facts of Mickey Mouse
- Mickey Mouse’s original name was Mortimer.
- Mickey was the first cartoon figure which speaks.
- Mickey honored with Oscar for a supporting role in Lend a Paw
- Mickey Mouse was created to replace a Disney character, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
- Walt Disney provided his voice for Mickey’s character until 1946.
- Walt Disney was inspired by his trained pet mouse and got the fantastic idea of bringing the cartoon Mickey Mouse to the world.
- Mickey Mouse’s middle is Theodore.
- Mickey Mouse was the first cartoon star who made it to the prestigious Walk of Fame in Hollywood on his 50th anniversary.