Stephanie McMahon is an American businesswoman, professional wrestler, and the chief brand officer of WWE. She is also an occasional wrestler on both the Raw and SmackDown brands. We all must admit that it is always great to listen to pro wrestling backstage stories and to learn pro wrestling facts. Hence, we have come up with 5 fascinating Stephanie McMahon Backstage Stories.
Since she was a young girl, she used to work for WWE for modeling T-shirts and other merchandise for several WWE catalogs. Hence, we have got several Stephanie McMahon stories to share. This article explains 5 interesting Backstage Stories about Stephanie McMahon.
1) Vince Russo is the former writer of WWE and WCW. When he was in WCW he was also an onscreen personality during the attitude era. In a recent interview with SK Wrestling’s Lee Walker, Vince Russo revealed his secret meeting with Vince McMahon in 2002. In 1999, he left WWE to sign in with WCW. He said that he also had a meeting with Stephanie McMahon who was the creative head during the time. Russo was offered a role in charge of overseeing both WWE RAW and SmackDown. However, Vince Russo did not agree as he thought it would not go well. In the end, Vince McMahon pulled back the offer and decided not to work with him again. Vince Russo strongly believes that it is because he had a negative phone conversation with Stephanie McMahon.
Stephanie Is the Chief Brand Officer of WWE.
- A. True
- B. False
2) Stephanie McMahon and Triple H backstage story: We all are aware of the onscreen romance story of the wrestling power couple Stephanie McMahon and Triple H. Once Vince McMahon realized that Stephanie and Triple H had a strong bond, he decided to approve their relationship. Though the couple split up on-screen in 2002 because of the storyline, they maintained their relationship off-line. They got married in October 2003 and now live together in Stamford, Connecticut along with their three daughters Aurora, Murphy, and Vaughn. Many top star wrestlers attended their wedding. The couple also admitted Vince’s idea of trying to talk them into airing their wedding on PPV, but they rejected it.
3) Kaitlyn and Stephanie’s backstage wrestling story: In 2013, Kaitlyn interrupted Stephanie during an in-ring segment with AJ Lee. Stephanie flew off the handle and yelled at Kaitlyn for interrupting her. In the end, Stephanie gave an evil look and left a warning to Kaitlyn about never interrupting her again. It was actually inspired by her real-life incident that occurred backstage recently when Kaitlyn was talking to someone else. It is noticeable that after this incident, Kaitlyn lost the Divas title.
4) Stephanie, the Chief Brand Officer of WWE and former UFC Bantamweight champion, Ronda Rousey were friends even in real life. You might have noticed it in their storyline where Stephanie recruits Rousey to WWE as a friend. Apart from the script, Stephanie and Triple H saw Rousey as a potential wrestler to join WWE. Stephanie never failed to show her support to Rousey on social media and wanted to maintain their relationship.
5) Situations made Stephanie McMahon and Paul Heyman work together closely. No wonder they often get into arguments because of their difference of opinion. Though rumors were spreading about Stephanie’s role in Heyman leaving the Smackdown writing team, it is noticeable that they have become good friends in recent times. Stephanie said that Heyman was there for her when struggling with the death of Mae Young.