Choose amongst the best ski resorts in the world based on your needs and priorities, learn cool ski terminologies before you jump into your gondolas with this interesting quiz.
Best Places to Go Skiing
It is also important for you to decide on a skiing resort based on your preferences rather than its popularity. Here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Do the resort and its amenities fall within your budget?
- How far is the ski area from your resort?
- Are you comfortable with using the report’s choice of transportation?
- Does the ski terrain cater to your experience?
- Does the resort offer shopping and nightlife if you need it?
- Will you be able to rent or shop ski gear?
- Will the resort be able to cater to any specific medical condition of yours?
Best Countries for Skiing
This is the list of the top 5 countries to go skiing this winter:
Which Country Has the Best Skiing Resorts In the World?
- A. France
- B. Switzerland
- C. USA
- D. Japan
- United States
Most of these top skiing destinations have similar ski terminologies where colors often refer to the difficulty level of terrain while words like powder, slush, death cookies, and moguls mean the texture of snow. Whiteout, flat light, and Gust denote the weather.
Where Is the Best Skiing In the World?
One must definitely visit at least one of these places to experience the best skiing in the world first hand:
- Whistler Blackcomb is one of the largest ski resorts in North America. They have more than 20 runs that cater to various levels of skiers.
- Courchevel, France has the world’s largest Alpine Ski domain. It is a paradise for ace-level skiers with challenging pistes.
- Zermatt, Switzerland takes around 8 days if you want to ski every terrain.
- Aspen Snowmass, USA is your place if you want to meet celebrities or at least their homes along with a refreshing ski trip.
- Niseko, Japan is the perfect place for families given its famous Groomed trails, wooded glades, bowls of ungroomed powder, and off-piste alpine skiing.
- Cortina D’Ampezzo, Italy is the best choice for intermediate and expert level skiers. Though the ski trip is relatively cheaper, the high-end town can be expensive with respect to shopping and nightlife.
Now that you know the best place to ski in the world make sure you book your trip in advance.