Interesting Shaquille O’ Neal Facts
- Shaquille O’Neal is a professional basketball player who has played for 6 teams in his career.
- He was born on 6th March 1972 in Newark, New Jersey, and emerged to be a remarkable player in the history of the NBA.
- Shaw grew up in San Antonio, Texas where he did his high school and later moved on to Louisiana State University for college.
- Shaquille O’Neal’s shots were so powerful that he broke the backboard during the game. He has broken the backboard in two instances. It is said that this is one of the main reasons the NBA introduced the breakaway rims instead of the bolted rims.
- After being a pro at college basketball, he was first drafted in 1992 by Orlando Magic.
- The feud between Neal and Lakers’ Kobe Bryant was so heated that it has a separate Wikipedia page. Ultimately, Neal moved to Miami Heat after repeated feuds.
- Apart from basketball, Neal has a huge love for rap music. He has released four albums that sold a million copies.
- Shaquille o’ Neal’s birth weight is 7 pounds and 13 ounces. He is currently 2.16m tall and weighs 325 pounds making him one of the heaviest NBA players.
- Shaq has made only one 3-pointer in his basketball career.
- He was named the “Player of the Week” in his first week as an NBA player. He is the first player to get this title in the first week in his NBA career.
- Shaq’s net worth is $400 million and he is one of the richest athletes in the world.
- Orlando Magic (1992-93 to 1995-96), Los Angeles Lakers (1996-97 to 2003-04), Miami Heat (2004-05 to 2007-08), Phoenix Suns (2007-08 to 2008-09), Cleveland Cavaliers (2009-10), and Boston Celtics (2010-11) are the teams Shaq has played for.
Also, know how many free throws did Shaquille O’Neal missed in his NBA career. Find more interesting facts about basketball players and play fun basketball trivia quizzes at Trivia Sharp!
How Much Did Shaq Weigh When He Was Born?
- A. 8 pounds 1 ounce
- B. 9 pounds 10 ounces
- C. 7 pounds 13 ounces
- D. 6 pounds 14 ounces