Powerball is America’s favorite lottery game that is available in 45 states inspiring people to become a millionaire.In January 2016, Powerball broke the world record jackpot of $1.586 billion and winners shared the record prize in California, Florida and Tennessee.
It is a non-profit organization synchronized by Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL), established by an agreement with lotteries.
Why is Powerball in demand?
Which state had 39 winners in 1992?
- A. Los Angeles
- B. California
- C. Chicago
- D. Indiana
The jackpot starts from $40 and grows to $10 million whenever the jackpot is not awarded. So everyone was excited to buy tickets to try their luck on numbers.
How does Powerball work?
One should pick five numbers from 1- 69 white balls and a red powerball number from 1-25. The selected numbers should match the announced numbers for a participant to become a millionaire overnight!. Powerball drawings take place on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday nights at 10:59 EST.
Drawings are held at Florida Lottery draw studio in Tallahassee, Florida and winning numbers are announced on the Powerball website, television, newspaper, and social media. Other than the jackpot, there are also prizes worth $2 to $4000,000. Prize value depends upon the number of players who guessed correctly and whether they chose the Powerplay option. Based on how many people guess correctly, the number of prize awards are determined.
- The first American lottery Powerball was drawn on April22, 1992.
- Played in 44 states of America as well as worldwide online
- Powerball tickets were $1 before January 12, 2012 and now $2
- Since 1992, there have been 39 winners from Indiana.
- In 2013, there were around eight jackpot winners in California.
- The largest jackpot, $1.586 billion was shared by three players on January 13th, 2016. A tax amount of $5000 is deducted from the winning amount and the actual amount is $930 million.
- Age limit 18 is eligible to buy the ticket and it varies with different states.
Tricks to win Powerball numbers
You need to match at least 2 numbers from both the barrels of the powerball and if you choose 5, 6 or 7 winning numbers from the first barrel, you can win the jackpot without picking a Powerball number. The division numbers determine how many Powerball numbers you need to win.
You can play a variety of tickets to increase your odds of winning Powerball and also join a Powerball Syndicate to enhance your chances of winning. Tricks to win the Powerball is to join the Lottery Pool to get more entries without wasting much money.
Powerball tips and secrets
- Buy more tickets
- To collect funds from lottery players,create a lottery syndicate.
- Choose numbers that are not consecutive and number that is not in the same number group or has the same last digit
- Play lottery games with fewer players which are less popular.
- Some play on their or their family member’s birthday numbers.
- Remember every number has an equal chance of being chosen as the winning number