Teaching a dog, cat, or intelligent birds like parrots to do tricks takes a lot of effort and is time-consuming by itself. What about wild animals like lions, bears, monkeys, or pea-brained rodents? Take this most famous animal actors quiz to know interesting facts about animals we see in movies.
How Are These Animal Actors Trained?
- Dogs, cats, and fish are trained by their owners when they are pups like the normal ones. Trainers use a special treat or a specific toy to make these animals obey at once despite the circumstances
- Snakes are usually introduced to the actors a couple of weeks before the filming to help both of them get comfortable with each other.
- Farm animals like horses, cows, pigs, chickens are usually trained to some extent and bribed with food for their performances
- BB guns, electric tasers are used on untrained animals, while rescued wild animals are taught to act on command from the keeper
- Like actors, animals too audition for a few important roles, and some are kept on-call basis for minor roles. So, how much do animals get paid to be in movies?
How Much Do Dog Actors Get Paid?
According to Hollywood Reporter, on average, famous animal actors get paid around $100,000 a year which is more than the average pay received by human actors in union TV. Other animals usually make around $4000-$10,000 a year.
Who Is the Highest-Paid Acting Dog?
Rin Tin Tin was among the highest-paid animal actors in Hollywood history. The German Shepherd had appeared in 26 silent movies and earned as much as $6,000 per week in the ’30s.
Who Is the Highest-Paid Animal Actor?
- A. Rin Tin Tin
- B. Toto
- C. Grumpy Cat
- D. Crystal Monkey
Highest Paid Animals in Movies
- Eddie, the dog from cheers, was paid $10,000 per episode
- The “Hangover 2” star, Crystal the monkey has a net worth of $16 million
- Lassie is worth around $13 million
- Bart, the Russian rescue Bear, has earned $6 million through his modeling career
- Grumpy cat, a meme favorite stands in first place with $125 million to her name.