Airbus A380 is the biggest passenger airplane globally and provides a smoother, quicker, and comfortable flight experience. Airbus A380, the largest passenger airplane provides a unique travel experience to all its passengers irrespective of the class. Even in economy class, the passenger gets convenient legroom compared to other flights. If you wonder why Airbus A380 is popular, continue reading the A380 facts.
Airbus A380 Information
The study of Airbus A380 aircraft was started in 1988 and the project was announced in 1990 to challenge the dominance of the Boeing 747. Airbus A380 is one of the large and heavy flights in the world that has the quietest cabin and the passenger won’t even feel much turbulence. It can hold 81900 gallons of fuel. The Airbus A380 is loved by many passengers and they say it’s more than just a plane as it stands out in every aspect right from innovation, design, features, efficiency, and much more.
The Largest Passenger Airplane- Airbus A380 Facts
- Airbus A380, the biggest commercial plane in the world, has flown over 500,000 revenue flights and carried over 190 million passengers.
- This flight is also called a super jumbo jet because it has a maximum takeoff weight of almost 1.3 million pounds, equal to five blue whales and about 72.7 meters long.
- When the A380 was launched many airports upgraded their facilities to accommodate the biggest commercial plane in the world. Airports in Sydney spent $128 million on upgrades.
- Singapore Airlines was the first airline to have an Airbus A380. The first largest passenger airplane carried 450 passengers on its first flight from Singapore to Sydney.
- Airbus A380 wingspan is 79,75 meters which are equal to nine of London’s double-deckers.
- The price of one Airbus A380 is $445.6 million and it takes 15 days and 34 people to repair one A380.
- Etihad Airways has an apartment and residence luxury living space on their A380 and Singapore Airlines has double suites with a center divider between rooms in their A380.
- Airbus had a huge demand for the A380 so they decided to build 750 planes but they just produced only 246 planes. Airbus is about to stop the production of the A380.
- In a typical three-class layout Airbus A380 can carry about 525 but it can be pushed to 825 with a single-class layout.
- It took nearly 4 million individual components from 1500 companies to build an Airbus A380.
- Before the launch of the Airbus A380, the largest passenger airplane took many maiden test flights. Airbus A380 took 2500 hours of flight test over 19 months in extreme temperature and weather conditions.
- The cargo space in the Airbus A380 can carry about 3000 suitcases.
- Airbus A380 has a Rolls-Royce engine. The Airbus A380 has two different engine variations. One is a Rolls-Royce Trent 900 engine and the other is Engine Alliance GP7000. Both engines are powerful and give extreme propulsion and lift to take off the largest passenger airplane.
How Many Passengers Can an Airbus A380 Carry?
- A. 850
- B. 851
- C. 852
- D. 853