Nowadays, there is an ongoing discussion with customers and employees about SaaS and EaaS. In many businesses, the cloud has been used as a tool mainly used to store data. The cloud also permits services and software to run on the internet. Have you ever wondered about all other services that can give access from any online device? How is SaaS different from EaaS? In this blog, Let’s learn the differences between SaaS and EaaS.
What is a SaaS Model?
Software as a service (or SaaS) is a technique of software delivery that permits data to be accessed from any device with the help of an internet connection and a web browser. SaaS applications are sometimes referred to as on-demand software, Web-based software, or hosted software. SaaS is also called cloud application services. It is utilized to deliver applications that are controlled by a third-party vendor to its users. The majority of SaaS applications work through a web browser that means there is no need to download or install on the client-side.
Is IaaS a Cloud?
- A. Yes
- B. No
Because of its web delivery feature, SaaS removes the need to have IT staff download and install applications on every individual computer. With the help of SaaS, vendors can manage all potential technical problems including servers, storage, data, middleware.
It is beneficial for employees and companies as it saves time and money by spending on tiresome tasks such as managing, installing, and updating software.
- It helps manage from a central location
- It provides on a remote server
- It is manageable on a remote server
When to Use SaaS- (Environment as a Service)
- Startups or small businesses
- Short term projects
- When applications are not required too often
- When applications need mobile and web access.
Common examples: Dropbox, Google Workspace, Salesforce, Cisco WebEx, Concur, GoToMeeting
What is EaaS Technology?
EaaS aka Encryption as a Service (EaaS) is a subscription model that combines software, infrastructure, and platform. It is a service in which the application and the environment operate together. Customers take advantage of this service without the need to install and use encryption on their own. IaaS provides components to users including servers, data centers, networking, storage.
Benefits of EaaS
Maintaining IT infrastructure can be expensive which is why customers require cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) so that organizations can get digital strategies without any abruption. EaaS has cloud computing skills and experience.
- It decreases the cost of maintenance and support for some applications.
- It is more efficient when it comes to using resources by reducing underutilized applications.
- Protect cycle time is less that helps software features available prior.
- It offers consumers the best perception of applications.
- It provides more flexibility while making future alterations to your applications.
What is an Example of EaaS?
Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Linode, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cisco Metacloud, and Microsoft Azure.