You might have probably heard that after leaving Amazon Jeff Bezos was all set to fly on Blue Origin spacecraft. But how well do you know about the Blue Origin space flight? Discover more about Blue Origin stock, Blue Origin mission statement, and most importantly Blue Origin facts here at Triviasharp.
Unknown Facts about Blue Origin Spacecraft
- Blue Origin, a private spaceflight company based in Kent, Washington, is working to send tourists to space on its New Shepard reusable suborbital rocket.
- Jeff Bezos, the founder, and CEO of Amazon.com founded the Blue Origin company in 2000. Blue Origin made history in 2015 when it successfully launched and landed a reusable rocket for the first time.
- The company is currently developing Blue Moon, a lunar lander that will deliver robotic cargo to the lunar surface and it is collaborating with SpaceX and Dynetics to develop a human-rated moon lander that will carry astronauts to the lunar surface in 2024 as part of NASA’s Artemis Program.
- Blue Origin is an American aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight company and it is currently led by CEO Bob Smith.
- The billionaire’s interest in his space travel company dates back to his childhood.
- Insider Dave Mosher reported in 2018 that Bezos spent his childhood summers learning about machinery on his grandparents’ large ranch in South Texas. He also visited the library to read science fiction novels about space exploration.
- Jeff Bezos and three passengers safely returned to Earth Tuesday morning after a flight of just over ten minutes that the billionaire businessman hopes will usher in a new era of human space travel.
- The Amazon.com Inc. founder and his fellow passengers were launched into space from a remote West Texas site at 9:12 a.m. and also experienced a few minutes of weightlessness aboard the rocket-powered New Shepard spacecraft developed by his company Blue Origin.
- A few minutes after the reusable booster returned, the vessel’s crew capsule floated down under its three parachutes to a location in the desert, leaving two sonic booms and blackening the landing pad.
What Is the Point of Launching Blue Origin SpaceCraft?
- A. Toward Launching Orbital Flights
- B. Jeff Bezos Dream
- C. Both A and B
- D. None of the Above