Binge-watching series and movie franchises have become a part and parcel of modern entertainment. Here is a list of old and new longest movies ever made and why they were made.
What Is the Longest Movie in the World?
Here is a list of the world’s longest movies under different categories:
- The longest experimental film is ‘Logistics’, a Swedish film released in 2012 written by Erika Magnusson and Daniel Andersson. It runs for 51420 mins or 35 days.
- The longest cinematic film is Amra Ekta Cinema Banabo, a Bangladeshi Bengali film released in 2019 that runs for 1260 mins.
- Berlin Alexanderplatz is the longest film to be released in parts and runs for 931 mins(longer than the entire Fast & Furious franchise put together.)
How Long Is the Longest Movie?
Logistics is the longest movie ever made and it runs for 35 days. It depicts the journey of a pedometer from its manufacture to sales in reverse chronological order.
Which Is the Longest Movie Ever Made?
- A. Logistics
- B. Ambiance
- C. The 10 Commandments
- D. Giant
“Ambiance” a Swedish movie holds the record of the second-longest movie runtime if it were to be released. The 30-day long movie was released in December 2020 a couple of years following the release of its 7 hours and 20-minute long trailer.
Longest Movies in Theaters
Long movies in theaters don’t always guarantee a hit. Check out these longest blockbuster movies that you should watch at least once in your lifetime:
- Gone with the Wind (1939)- 3 hours and 58 minutes
- Once Upon a Time in America (1984)- 3 hours and 49 minutes
- Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India (2001)- 3 hours and 44 minutes
- Lawrence of Arabia (1962)- 3 hours and 36 minutes
- Ben-Hur (1959)- 3 hours and 32 minutes
- Swades (2004)- 3 hours and 30 minutes
- Seven Samurai (1954)- 3 hours and 27 minutes
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)- 3 hours and 21 minutes
- The Godfather: Part II (1974)- 3 hours and 20 minutes
- Schindler’s List (1993)- 3 hours and 15 minutes
To know more about Amazing Movie Facts click here…