From movie star to current Prime Minister, learning these important Justin Trudeau facts is one of the best ways to honor the current Canadian president. Justin Trudeau became the prime minister of Canada for the third time. He was elected as the 23rd prime minister of Canada. Despite his impressive political success, there are interesting facts about Trudeau’s life that you may not know. If you are curious to learn more about the Justin Trudeau biography, you have landed at the right place.
Who is Justin Trudeau?
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was born on December 25, 1971, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Since 2013, he is also the leader of the Liberal Party. Justin Trudeau is the 2nd youngest prime minister in Canadian history, following Joe Clark. Justin is married and has three children.
What Political Party Does Justin Trudeau Represent?
- A. Conservative Party
- B. Liberty Party of Canada
- C. Bloc Québécois
- D. None of the Above
Justin Trudeau Education
He studied in the Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf. He graduated from McGill University in 1994, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in literature. In 1998, he pursued a Bachelor of Education degree from the University of British Columbia. After graduation, he worked at the secondary school level in Vancouver and taught math, French, humanities, and drama. He moved to Montreal in 2002 to pursue further education. In 2006, he worked as chair of the Liberal party’s “Task Force on Youth Renewal.”
Intriguing Justin Trudeau Facts
Why is Justin Trudeau so popular? We have clubbed some more interesting facts about the Liberal leader.
- Trudeau was born on Christmas.
- He is recognized as one of the world’s most popular politicians.
- He is former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau’s eldest son.
- Justin Trudeau is recognized as the first offspring of the former premier minister to be elected prime minister.
- On the next day of his father’s 96th birthday, he won the election.
- Justin’s wife Sophie was a friend and classmate of his brother Michel.
- Justin is also well-known for portraying the role of Talbot Mercer Papineau in the 2007 miniseries The Great War. He even appeared on television as Papineau.
- Justin is the eighth prime minister whose name starts with ‘J.’
- Justin’s father, Pierre Elliot Trudeau, was elected as prime minister, served from 1968 to 1979, and then again from 1980 to 1984.
- He was the second-youngest Canadian prime minister at the age of 43, following Joe Clark, who was 39 when he became Prime Minister in 1979, was the youngest.
- Trudeau participated in a charity boxing match and won against Canadian Conservative Sen. Patrick Brazeau in 2012.
- He supports mental illness treatments as his mother, Margaret, suffered from bipolar disorder.
- A portrait of Trudeau doing the Mayurasana pose went viral in the last year.
- Michael, the youngest brother of Trudeau, was killed by an avalanche in 1998.
- He was featured on a Marvel comic book cover in which he was wearing his boxing gloves and Canadian Jersey in late 2016.
- In 1972, President Richard Nixon predicted that Trudeau would become prime minister one day and follow his father’s footsteps.
- Surprisingly, he was good at dancing, especially in bhangra and that video went viral.
- He showed a reporter that he understood quantum computing by clearly explaining it.
- As stated in the Huffington Post survey, he likes the master of thriller fiction.
- Perry, who is famous for portraying the role of Chandler Bing on Friends and Trudeau, had attended the same grade school in Canada.
- He ranked one of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People in the leader category in 2016.
- Following the Time honor, his name was listed in the 69th position out of 73 on Forbes’ Most Powerful People of 2015.