The basketball hall of fame history is dedicated to James Naismith, a Canadian- American physician and inventor of the sport in Springfield, Massachusetts.
The architecture of the building represents a basketball is as intriguing as its contents inside. The building is home to splendid artifacts, influencing exhibits, and everything cool about basketball.
- James Naismith invented this game in the YMCA International Training School, Springfield, for 18 of his young students.
- Honor’s Ring is the entrance of the exhibit featuring each inductee in a timeline manner.
- “Jerry Colangelo Court of Dreams” is a full-size football court in the center of the hall featuring all types of rings from the original peach basket and is open to the public.
- Naismith Case is a special case dedicated to the inventor of the sport.
- Boston Celtics, LA Lakers, NY Knicks, Golden State Warriors, and Atlanta Hawks are the top five teams to have the most hall of fame inductees.
- The New Class Case features the most recent inductees in the hall of fame.
- Boston Celtics were the first team to get a case customized to showcase their long history and victories.
- A player must be fully retired for four consecutive seasons is the NBA hall of fame eligibility criteria for an inductee.
- The 1993 class had the most number of inductees.
- The memorial celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2009
- The memorial is also known as Hoops Heaven.
- The players are required to secure 18 affirmative votes from the committee to be inducted as a hall of fame member.
- George Mikan was the first player to be inducted after James Naismithalong with three others.
- Senda Berenson Abbott was the first woman inductee into the hall of fame.
- 100 coaches have also been inducted into the hall.
- The NBA hall of fame salary stands at $56215 per year on average.
The NBA hall of fame finalists for 2021 are Rick Adelman, Chris Bosh, Michael Cooper, Paul Pierce, Bill Russell, Jay Wright, Yolanda Griffith, Lauren Jackson, Marianne Stanley.
When Was the Hall of Fame Established?
- A. 1957
- B. 1958
- C. 1959
- D. 1960
Leta Andrews, Tim Hardaway, Marques Johnson, Ben Wallace, and Chris Webber. The final results will be announced on May 16, 2021.