In our daily lives, we come across many things that may seem small but have a hidden benefit, like the tiny loops present in the back of your shirt or the random little buttons of your jeans. These things are generally ignored because they are unnoticeable. Another similar thing is the extra set of holes present in the sneakers. Have you ever wondered what those are for? You might not have noticed, but the shoe manufacturers have been giving customers an extra benefit for more than 100 years now. In this article, you will discover many interesting facts that might be helpful for every sports lover!
Why do sneakers have an extra set of holes in them? Most of the sneakers come with an extra set of holes which may often be left empty while wearing. There is no wrong in ignoring the top holes in sneakers, but they have a hidden benefit that may help you while running or hiking. Why not take advantage of them?
All of us must have loose-fitting shoes at home. If your shoes are loose, it might lead to several side-effects.
What Are the Extra Shoelace Holes Present in the Sneakers Called?
- A. Heel Lock
- B. Lace Lock
- C. Racer’s Loop
- D. All of the Above
Dangers of Wearing Loose-Fitting Shoes
1) Too much friction and pressure might also lead to corns and calluses, a painful condition that might be hard to get rid of.
2) One of the major reasons for blisters on the feet is due to friction. If your skin rubs against the shoes or socks, it might lead to irritation and inflammation. The blisters can cause pain, redness, and swelling.
3) If your shoe does not fit you right, it may slip often and cause discomfort while walking or running.
4) The toe box of the loose-fitting shoes might hit the toenails harder, making them break, and might even cause infection.
5) Loose-fitting shoes might result in cramps or hammertoe.
6) If your shoes are too loose, you might also expect foot and ankle injuries in the worst case.
What are the two holes in sneakers for? If your loose-fitting shoes are your favorite shoes, then it might not be easy to get rid of them. This is when you can use this trick. The shoelace holes’ name is ‘eyelets.’ However, the extra holes in sneakers are called heel lock, lace lock, or racer’s loop. People have recently tried to tie the shoes in these extra holes and guarantee it to be a life-changing hack.
Here is a step-by-step explanation of how to make use of them!
1) Poke the shoelace through those extra holes directly and create a loop. (Do this on both sides)
2) Cross the ends of both shoelaces through the opposite loops.
3) Tighten the shoelaces by pulling them down and then up.
4) Now secure your shoelace with a bow tie.
How Can This Method Be Beneficial?
- Through this method, your shoes’ opening around your ankle is tightened, therefore, helping your toe from banging against the front of your shoe.
- When you wear shoes and keep on slipping up and down, it might lead to blisters and bruised toes. Since the ankle is tight, it holds feet in place and helps avoid them.
- If you use this method, it gives a snug fit allowing it to fit perfectly. Especially if you are a sports lover and loves to indulge in several sports activities, this trick can be a boon for you.