Don’t get caught driving without shoes in Georgia!
Whether you laugh, consider them strange or call the state crazy, you should not break these weird rules in Georgia. Everywhere you may come across weird, unusual, and laughable laws. Before you plan to visit your favorite US state, you must be well-versed about weird laws in Georgia. Because you never know, you might be breaking the rule. Though half the laws don’t make sense, they were implemented for a specific reason. Many of these laws are outdated and still exist in the books. Here are some of the crazy laws in Georgia that will definitely leave you in surprise.
Weird Laws in Georgia That Will Leave You in Shock
What Is the Craziest Law in Georgia?
- A. Spit out from a Car
- B. To honk
- C. Kill a Rat
- D. All of the Above
We have rounded up some truly stupid laws in GA that will have you shaking your head in wonder.
- It is forbidden to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket on Sundays.
- According to Georgia law, you are not allowed to keep a donkey in the bathtub. It is because, in 1924, a farmer let his donkey enter his bathtub. As a result, the tub burst and overflowed.
- In Georgia, people are not permitted to stay on the boat for more than 30 days. The state passed the law in 1992. Neighbors considered that houseboats could cause pollution.
- In Athens-Clarke County, adult bookstores are banned from selling alcohol.
- It is compulsory to own a rake in Acworth.
- It is punishable to drive with headphones.
- Here comes the funniest law in Georgia, drivers must consider bikes as a vehicle and give the same respect as motor vehicles.
- When the Georgia State Assembly is in session, no members are permitted to receive a speeding ticket.
- It is illegal to spit in Marietta, Georgia. If you are found spitting out of a car or bus, you will be in trouble.
- According to Georgia, it is forbidden to honk during a fair.
- It is prohibited to drive without shoes due to safety reasons.
- It is punishable in Georgia if your vehicle’s headlights are turned off during the rain.
- It is against the law to text in the car. This law was passed to prevent accidents.
- Anyone under 18 is strictly prohibited from using mobile phones in the state.
- In Atlanta, it’s against the law to tie your giraffe to the telephone pole or street lamp.
- It is illegal to read your favorite book in public to your friends after 2.45 AM.
- In Atlanta, it is unlawful to give a piggyback ride to another man.
- In Columbus, it is punishable to decapitate a chicken on Sunday.
- It is against the law to place a dead bird on the neighbor’s lawn.
- It is not allowed to bring peanut products to Nickajack Elementary School.
- It is outlawed to tease an idiot.
- Without legal permission, you are not allowed to kill a rat in Dublin.
- You are not allowed to use a goldfish as a prize for bingo.