Take A Ride With The New Jersey Devils Trivia
Eliza | 21 - 01 - 2021
Updated: January 21, 2021 11:00 pm IST
The New Jersey Devils is an American professional Ice Hockey team in Newark, New Jersey. They compete in the National Hockey League (NHL). They were initially known as Kansas City Scouts and were later called as Colorado Rockies. After moving to East Rutherford, New Jersey in 1982, they gained their name as New Jersey Devils. Prudential Centre is the home for the Jersey Devils with seats of 16,514.
1. Which Year Did New Jersey Begin It's National Hockey League Life?
The New Jersey Devils began their NHL life in 1974 as the Kansas City Scouts. In 1976, the team was sold and renamed as Colorado Rockies. Then they moved to the New Jersey Meadowlands for the 1982-83 season.
2. Where Do the New Jersey Devils Play?
Prudential Centre is an indoor arena in Newark, New Jersey. It is the home for the New Jersey Devils. The Arena nearly has 16,514 seats for Hockey games. It has played a vital role in building up Newark.
3. What Was the Nickname Initially Given to the Team?
The team was nicknamed Scouts in reference to a famous statue by Cyrus E. Dallin in Kansas City, Missouri.
4. What Is the Logo of the Team?
The logo is a monogram of letters N and J with devil horns at the highest of J and a pointed tail at rock bottom. It was red with a green outline but later was changed to red with black.
5. Moving to Denver What Was the Name Given to the Team?
After playing two seasons in Kansas City, the team moved to Denver and was renamed as Colorado Rockies. It won its first game as the Rockies against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
6. Which Year the Team Was Renamed as New Jersey Devils?
In 1982, the team was renamed as New Jersey Devils, regarding the legend of Jersey Devil, which inhabited the Pine Barrens of South Jersey. 10,000 people voted in the contest held to select the name.
7. What Is the Name of the Championship Won by the New Jersey Devils in the Year 1995?
The 1995 Stanley Cup Finals was the championship series of the NHL. The Devils by defeating the Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup Finals in 1995. This victory brought the team their first Stanley Cup.
8. Which Team Did the Devils Defeat and Won the Stanley Cup for the Third Time?
In the Stanley Cup Playoffs finals, the Mighty Ducks and Devils had a battle because both the teams won their home games. Defeating the Mighty Ducks, the Devils won the Stanley Cup for the third time in New Jersey.
9. Who Was Awarded the Vezina Trophy for Outstanding Goaltender?
Martin Brodeur led the Devils to 3 Stanley Cup championships. He was awarded the Vezina Trophy for an outstanding goaltender in the regular season. He won 41 games in the regular season.
10. Who Was the Captain of the New Jersey Devils from 1992 - 2004?
Stevens, as a former player and a defenseman, played 22 seasons in the National Hockey League. He was the captain of the Devils from 1992 - 2004. His defensive play and checking on opponents led to his success.
11. What Is the Name of the Legendary Creature?
Jersey Devil is a legendary creature that is said to inhabit the Pine Barrens of South Jersey. He was cursed for the reason for being a thirteenth child. The baby changed into a devil and fled from the family.
12. Who Was Given the Norris Trophy in 2004?
Scott Neidermayer won the James Norris Memorial Trophy as a top defenseman. He anchored as the Devils defensive corp in 2003-04 and took over the captaincy in the mid-season when Scott Stevens was injured.
13. Which Year Is Considered to Be the Best Season for Scott Stevens?
Stevens’ best offensive season was 2000-01. In this season he had 31 points, including two game-winning goals and three power-play goals.
14. How Many Times Have the Devils Reached the Stanley Cup Finals?
The Devils have reached the Stanley Cup Finals five times. They have won three times, 1994-95, 1999-2000, 2002-03, and lost two matches in 2000-01 and 2011-12. They were known for their defense-first approach.
15. What Name Do the Fans Identify Themselves in Section 233?
The fans are known for their enthusiastic behavior, reflecting their section numbers with CRAZIES on the nameplate. They typically attend every home and road game of the Devils.