How Well Do You Know These Cape May Tourist Attractions?
Elmira | 13 - 07 - 2021
Updated: July 13, 2021 11:00 pm IST
Looking for the best seashore resorts to do activities near Cape May, New Jersey? Cape May is known as the first seashore resort in the United States. The town is famous for its breathtaking Victorian architecture, pristine beaches and stunning ocean. Cape May is also recognized as the restaurant capital of New Jersey. Play our entertaining quiz on the Cape May seashore attraction to plan your next trip. Find more about these great local attractions with our fun quiz on ‘Cape May tourist attractions.’ Cape May is a city in New Jersey where the Delaware Bay meets the Atlantic ocean. Cape May was known as one of America’s top 10 beaches by the Travel channel. It is also recognized as one of the best beaches on the Middle Atlantic coast. Take our exciting quiz to find your perfect Cape May seashore resorts and beaches to spend some beautiful time with your loved ones.
1. How Many Victorian Buildings Are There in Cape May?
Cape May is home to nearly 600 preserved Victorian buildings. It is known as one of the oldest seaside resorts. This place is perfect for biking or jogging while sightseeing these stunning attractions.
2. Where Are the Victorian Houses in Cape May?
Perry Street, Jackson Street, Decatur Street and Ocean Street are filled with Victorian buildings. Washington Street Malls also has some of the famous Victorian homes that were changed into local shops.
3. Which Is America's Oldest Seaside Resort?
The National Historic District is America's oldest seaside resort located on the southernmost point of the New Jersey peninsula.
4. How Old Is Cape May in NJ?
Cape May is recognized as one of the oldest beach resorts in the country, dating back to 1801.
5. When Was Cape May Lighthouse Constructed?
Cap May Lighthouse, built in 1859, located a few miles away from the City of Cape May. It is one of the astounding spots to visit. Visitors need to climb the 199 steps to reach the top of the lighthouse.
6. What Hotels Are Near Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum?
The Mission Inn, Casablanca, Armada By-the-Sea, Boarding House Cape May and Fleur de Lis Beach Resort are hotels found near Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum.
7. When Was the Cape May Carriage Company Founded?
It was established in 1983 which adds a Victorian touch to Cape May. Visitors can take a ride on a vintage carriage which is pulled by majestic horses. During the weekend, this tour lasts for 4 ½ hours.
8. When Was the Emlen Physick Estate Built in New Jersey?
The Emlen Physick Estate was constructed in 1879. It contains 18 rooms built by famous American architect Frank Furness who is one of the best examples of Victorian Stick Style architecture in the country.
9. Where Visitors Can Get a Glimpse of 18th Century Lifestyle?
Visitors can get a glimpse into life during the 18th century in the Historic Cold Spring Village. You can learn about farm heritage in this region.
10. This Place Is an Award-Winning Environmental Education Campus That Was Established in 1992.
The Nature Center of Cape May is recognized as an award-winning environmental education campus. It was established in 1992 and contains a three-level observation tower.
11. This Museum Exhibits the History of the Greater Cape May Area through Artifacts, and Memorabilia.
The Colonial House Museum showcases the history of the greater Cape May that has a variety of artifacts and memorabilia. The museum is situated on Washington Street.
12. Where Is the Emlen Physick Estate Located?
The Emlen Physick Estate is a famous Victorian house museum located at 1048 Washington St. in Cape May, New Jersey.
13. The Architectural Design of the Resort Is the Queen Anne Style. Can You Guess the Resort?
Emlen Physick Estate was constructed in the Queen Anne Style featuring the 1879 Physick House.
14. Which Park Was Once a Military Base?
Earlier, Cape May Point State Park was constructed as a military base. The World war II bunker was built as part of the Harbor Defense Project of 1942.
15. Which Is the Best Beach in Cape May?
Higbee Beach, Cape May Point, City of Cape May Beach and Higbee Beach are considered the best beaches of Cape May, New Jersey. Cap May is also called “America’s Original Beach Town.”