Can You Pass Our Delaware Water Gap Quiz?
Eliza | 11 - 01 - 2021
Updated: January 11, 2021 9:30 pm IST
The Delaware water gap is one of the most beautiful and peculiar places in New Jersey. The Delaware water gap not only attracts people with its scenic beauty but it’s also famous for its outdoor activities. From gap origin, waterfalls, and outdoor activities we have clubbed all interesting questions about the Delaware water gap. With no further delay play our Delaware water gap quiz.
1. Water Gap Is a ________feature Where a River Cuts through a Mountain Ridge.
2. How Many Miles Is the Delaware Water Gap?
The Delaware water gap runs 200 miles to Delaware bay and the Atlantic ocean at Wilmington. The Delaware water gap was once the second-largest resort area in the United States.
3. The Delaware River Is the Largest Free-Flowing River in the World?
The Delaware River is the largest free-flowing river in the eastern United States. Decades ago, the Delaware River was dumped with sewage and industrial pollution. But now it drastically improved.
4. Name the Earliest Inhabitant in Delaware Water Gap
The early inhabitants of the Delaware water gap are Lenni-Lenape Indians. They called themselves Lenni-Lenape which means original people or common people. The other name for Lenni-Lenape is Delaware Indians.
5. Delaware Park Was Established in the Year?
Delaware Park was established in 1965. Delaware Park has many features like waterfalls, outdoor activities which include canoeing, hiking, camping, swimming, and much more.
6. The Gap Is Called as “the Most _______ in the United States”
The gap is called the most attractive in the United States. The Gap is said to be attractive for its outstanding scenic beauty and it is also one of Pennsylvania’s most beautiful natural areas. Nearly millions of people visit the park annually.
7. The Number of Visitors to the Delaware Water Gap Amounted approximately_______in 2019?
8. Delaware Water Park has_____ Miles of Hiking Trails
Delaware water park has 100 miles of hiking trails. Delaware water park is famous for its hiking because of its eye-catching scenic views. Hiking in Delaware is beautiful in all seasons.
9. Delaware Water Gap Has One of the Tallest Waterfalls in New Jersey. Can You Guess Its Name?
Buttermilk waterfalls are one of the tallest waterfalls in New Jersey. Buttermilk waterfall is nearly 100 feet high. It is one of the famous waterfalls in New Jersey because it is easy to reach.
10. When Did George Washington Cross the Delaware River?
George Washington crossed the Delaware River on the night of 25th December in 1776 to attack the Hessian. This was the first move to attack the Hessian forces which was planned by George Washington.
11. Water Gap Is a ________feature Where a River Cuts through a Mountain Ridge.
A water gap is a geological feature where a river cuts through a mountain ridge. A gap is also called a wind gap which means a break or passes through the mountains. The Delaware water gap is famous for its depth and width.
12. Name the Botanist Who Followed the Course of Delaware River
13. _________ Trail Leads to an Extraordinary View into the Delaware Water Gap
Mt.Tammany trail leads to an extraordinary view of the Delaware water gap. From starting at a red dot on a rocky trail to its end it gives you a visual treat. You can also view the beauty of Delaware From Mt.minsi.
14. Delaware River Cuts through a Large Ridge of ________ Mountain
The Delaware River cuts through a large ridge of the Appalachian mountain. Delaware park runs 40 miles along the Delaware River and Appalachian mountains but in the South, the river cuts through the Appalachian range.
15. The Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area Is ______ Acres
The Delaware water gap recreation area is surrounded by 70,000 acres of mountain ridge and forest on both sides of the Delaware River in the states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania.