Every US state is different and has many famous places, monuments, beaches, and weird laws. California is known for amusement parks, active life, and natural wonders, making it one of the best tourist destinations. California is not only famous for Hollywood, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Silicon Valley but also home to several strange laws that will leave you in shock. If California has your favorite getaway cities then you should be well-versed about these weird laws of California because they will come in handy and even can save you from going to jail.
Strange California Laws
Many of these weird laws are still written in the books. Read on to find which law is the weirdest among all.
It Is Illegal for People to Hunt Games from a Moving Vehicle.
- A. True
- B. False
- Dogs and cats are not permitted to have sex without permission.
- It is punishable if vehicles exceed the speed of 60 m.p.h without a driver.
- It is not allowed to hunt game from a running car unless it is a whale.
- It is not permitted to store your own things in your own garage. As stated in the Chapter of the San Francisco Housing Code, public and private garages in apartment houses and hotels should not use the storage of automobiles.
- You are not authorized to rob a bird’s nest from the public cemetery.
- Only six persons are allowed to stay in a hotel room and payment should be made for one person.
- It is illegal if residents appear on reality TV shows.
- It is an offense to install a mousetrap without a hunting license.
- A law was passed in 1925, in which a person can’t wiggle while dancing.
- On some California beaches, females are not allowed to surf.
- In Walnut, men are not permitted to dress as a female unless they have a special license from the sheriff.
- Women are not authorized to drive a motor vehicle while wearing a housecoat.
- In San Diego, it is not allowed to have Christmas lights on your home past February 2nd and you will be charged up to $250.
- In San Francisco, it is punishable if you own a pet bear, crocodile or gorilla, or any other wild animal.
- It is forbidden to wash your neighbor’s car without their permission in Los Angeles.
- Children are not permitted to play on the sidewalk in Chico.
- In Downey, It is punishable to wash your vehicle in the street.
- In Los Angeles, It is not allowed to hunt moths when you are under the streetlamp.
- In Los Angeles, it is not allowed to cry on the witness stand.
- In San Francisco, it is not permitted to utilize used underwear to wipe off a car in a car wash.
- It is unlawful to own a monkey or a reptile in Redwood City.
- It is punishable to curse in a mini-golf course in Long Beach.
- People can’t own a pinball machine in El Monte.
- Men who have mustaches are not allowed to kiss a woman in Eureka.
If you are looking for something to fresh up your mind, this strangest state laws quiz will boost your mood and knowledge.