Strange laws exist in every American state. Believe it or not, Delaware is home to several weird laws which you may have broken unknowingly. Delaware is a small northeastern state bound by New Jersey and the Atlantic Ocean to the east, Maryland to the south and west, and Pennsylvania to the north. Delaware was a part of 13 colonies. It has several historic landmarks. If you plan to visit the Diamond State, you should be well-versed about these weird, crazy, and unusual laws. There is no scarcity of wacky laws which can send you to jail. Read further to learn these dumb laws in Delaware that are can be hardly accept as laws. Challenge yourself with our Delaware state laws to see where you stand.
Top Weird Laws in Delaware
If you really want to confirm whether these laws actually exist, scroll down to find out by yourself. You can also boast your knowledge of crazy laws in Delaware with your friends and family.
Which are the dumbest laws in Delaware?
- A. Pretend to be Sleep
- B. Whispering in Church
- C. Both
- D. None of the Above
- In Delaware, you are allowed to buy beer, wine, or any other alcohol from the liquor shop between the afternoon to 8 PM on Sundays.
- Pawnbrokers are not allowed to accept fake legs or wheelchairs for payment.
- In this Blue Hen State, R-rated or X-rated movies are not allowed to show at drive-in movie theatres.
- It is forbidden to watch horse racing on Easter Sunday and Good Friday.
- If you go to the beach, it is illegal to change your clothes with sand in your clothes, particularly in the car or public restroom. It is implemented to prevent accidental indecent exposure.
- Hunting is forbidden in Delaware on Sundays, you can do fox hunting with dogs.
- This law seems reasonable. If you are marrying someone on a dare, you may legally get an annulment.
- It is the strangest law in Delaware! You are not allowed to pretend to sleep on the beach on the Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk.
- At Rehoboth Beach, girls below are not permitted to run around topless.
- It is unlawful to change into or out of your bathing suit in public washrooms.
- It is prohibited to whisper in the church that can disrupt or disturb others.
- In nightclubs, alcohol is prohibited if dancing is happening on the premises.
- It is against the law to wear pants that are form-fitting in the waist area.
- It is forbidden to sell dead people for money without a legal license.
- If Halloween falls on Sunday, kids can go for “trick-or-treat” from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- People must carry a bag when they walk their dogs. You will be charged $100 for dog pooping.
- In Delaware, women are not authorized to drive while wearing a housecoat.
- Animals are forbidden from mating near the tavern, place of worship, or school.
If you can’t get over stupid laws in Delaware, you can read more weird facts in the United States to expand your knowledge.