These laws are hard to believe as laws!
Kentucky is not only famous for fried chicken. Bluegrass State is popularly known for its horse racing, bourbon, moonshine, coal, and strange laws. Kentucky has passed many laws that may seem absurd, funny, and stupid. Some of the laws are still in practice and some of them are outdated but still on the books. If you are planning to visit Kentucky state, you should be aware of these weird laws in Kentucky. What if you are unknowingly breaking the law? Here’s the list of weird Kentucky laws that will definitely save you from going to jail.
Crazy Laws in Kentucky in Kentucky
What Is the Weirdest Law in Kentucky?
- A. Keeping ice cream in pocket
- B. Marrying thrice
- C. Throwing dirty water
- D. All of the above
Read on to find which law makes you laugh or scratch your head. If you don’t want to be caught caring cone ice in your pockets, learn all these stupid laws in Kentucky here.
- In Kentucky, women are not allowed to wear bathing suits on the highway unless they are with an officer or other professional supervising them.
- It is unlawful to go fishing with an arrow and bow.
- Like in London, In Kentucky, it is forbidden to involve in sexual activities on a parked motorcycle.
- If you are in Kentucky, you are forbidden to bully store clerks or fellow shoppers.
- Women are not allowed to buy fancy hats without taking their husband’s permission.
- Every citizen of Kentucky must take shower once every year.
- It is against the law to throw flowers at the public speaker.
- According to Kentucky law, people are not allowed to use snakes, turtles, and lizards in church or any other religious service, or you need to bear a fine of up to $100.
- Working on Sunday is illegal and you will be charged a fine of $50. This law does not apply to athletic game officials, clergy members, and some businesses.
- Kentucky law forbids you from keeping your ice cream cones in the pocket.
- What are the marriage laws in Kentucky? Women are not authorized to marry the same person more than thrice.
- It is one of the dumb laws in Kentucky where dogs are not permitted to molest cars.
- In Franklin County, it is unlawful to trade horses at night.
- In Frankfort, it is against the law to shoot off the policeman’s tie.
- As per Owensboro law, bees need to give a health certificate to show that they are not carrying infectious or contagious diseases.
- People are banned from tossing buckets of soap suds or slops on the public street.
- Sending chocolate or stuffed toys is fine. In Kentucky, people are forbidden to send a bottle of wine, beer, or spirits to friends and even go to jail.
- It is against the law to hunt in a moving vehicle, except for whales.