The coronavirus COVID-19 has affected 182 countries including territories around the world.
Are you aware of countries with confirmed cases of COVID-19? The coronavirus cases have crossed more than 2, 45,000 and 14,687 deaths have been recorded across the world. As reported by the WHO (World Health Organisation) Italy overtook China in total deaths of pandemic Coronavirus. Now, China’s death toll is 3,248 whereas Italy surpassed it with 3,400 deaths.
The Novel Coronavirus was named COVID-19 by the World Health Organization, who announced this disease as a global pandemic.
1.The Distinguishing Feature of a Coronavirus Is Its:
- A. Size
- B. Mobility
- C. Shape
- D. Deadliness
Approximately the global COVID-19 cases are 64% excluding cases from China.
Coronavirus Outbreak Summary
This (new) coronavirus poses a serious public health risk. The federal government is taking steps and working closely with state, local and territorial partners and also with public health partners to respond to the critical time.
The first case of novel coronavirus developed in the central Chinese city of Wuhan in late December and the country is being reported daily around the world.
Let’s have a look at the number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases as reported by the WHO. The below stats as on 23rd march 2020.
For coronavirus live updates, kindly check the CDC report.
Covid-19 or Coronavirus World Report
- This virus spreads from person to person and at present, there is no vaccine to prevent the novel coronavirus.
- The U.S state departments warned Americans to avoid traveling abroad.
- California declares ‘stay home’ order after the US death toll hits more than 200.
- Sri Lanka suspends general elections.
- The road of Kashmir in India is sealed off.
- Pakistan reached 3rd death and asked the country people to practice social distancing.
- Australia encourages us to step up social distancing.
- Srilankan Government forces curfew.
North Korea released 1000s of people from quarantine after managing the tough campaign to stem the spread of the coronavirus in the country.