Baseball is known as America’s National Pass-time since it has played a very active role in shaping America from the Civil War to the Civil Rights movement and other historical events.
This “Identify these firsts in a baseball game” quiz particularly features the essential firsts that have happened in the history of baseball.
- Baseball originated from New York.
- The First ever baseball World Series was played between Pittsburgh and Boston.
- The New York Yankees have won the most World Series Titles(26 World Series).
- Necciai is known for striking out 27 batters in a nine-inning game.
- Pete Rose holds the record for most hits.
- Olympic Rings or Platinum Sombrero implies a player striking out five times in a game.
- Jackie Mitchell was the first woman to strikeout Gehrig and Ruth in an exhibition game.
- New York Yankees also have the most MLB Hall of Famers.
- The sweet spot between 5 to 7 inches from the bat’s barrel end guarantees a definite home run.
- “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” is the unofficial anthem for baseball.
- Ken Ash won a game on one pitch only.
- Bobby Richardson was the first person to get an MVP title for a runner-up team.
- The first President to throw the ceremonial first ball was William Howard Taft.
- Bobby Lowe was the first player to secure most home runs in a game (4 Homeruns).
- Major League players Ken Griffey Sr. and Ken Friffey Jr. were the first father-son duo to play.
- There were two versions of baseball until the American Civil War.
- Baseball was part of the Olympic games till 2012.
- Cooperstown is the nickname for the National Baseball hall of fame.
- Major league player Ray Chapman was the only person to be killed by a deadly pitch.
- Jimmy Piersall ran bases in reverse to celebrate his 100th home run.
Who Invented Baseball?
- A. Abner Doubleday
- B. Henry Chadwick
- C. Alexander Cartwright
- D. Babe Ruth