With 9 Australian Open titles, 5 Wimbledon titles, 3 US Open titles, and 1 French Open title, the Serbian Tennis player, Novak Djokovic is one of the greatest tennis players in history.
If you love playing sports quizzes and want to discover more interesting facts about Novak Djokovic? This article is for you. Let’s find out more!
1) When Djokovic was young, he watched other people play tennis at a nearby camp. After seeing his tennis interest, his father bought his first Tennis racket at the age of four.
How Old Is Novak Djokovic as of 2021?
- A. 33
- B. 35
- C. 37
- D. 39
2) Do you know why he was often called ‘The Djoker’? Because of his humorous ability to imitate other players, including Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova, and Serena Williams. In the 2007 US Open quarterfinals after his over Carlos Moyá, he entertained the audience by impersonating Rafael Nadal and Maria Sharapova. He also did an impression of John McEnroe after his victory against McEnroe at the US Open(2009). Many people like his impersonation and they also went viral on YouTube.
3) He runs a Novak Djokovic Foundation that educates underprivileged children or the kids who lost parents in war by providing financial support. The foundation supports young athletes from Serbia and Monasteries & churches of Serbia.
4) Novak Djokovic Bio: Novak Djokovic’s date of birth is May 22, 1987.
Where is Novak Djokovic from? He is from Belgrade, Yugoslavia, Serbia.
5) His talent was identified in 1993 when he was just six years old by Jelena Gencic, a Yugoslav tennis player. She complimented him, stating, “This is the greatest talent I have seen since Monica Seles.” Gencic trained him for six years. After realizing going abroad is the best way to develop himself, she contacted Nikola Pilic. In 1999, when he was 12 years old, he moved to the Pilic Tennis Academy in Munich, Germany, to attend high competition levels. After spending four years, at the age of 14, he began his international career with victories over European championships in singles, doubles, and team competitions.
6) Novak Djokovic started dating his high school sweetheart, Jelena Ristic, in 2005. This cute couple got married in July 2014 in the Church of Saint Stephen that belongs to Praskvica Monastery. They announced that they were expecting their first child on April 24, 2014. Their son, Stefan, was born in 2014 October. Now they also have a baby girl named Tara.
7) Though Djokovic is from a Serbian background, he is fluent in German, Italian, French, English, and Serbian.
8) Djokovic is gluten intolerant, so he only eats gluten-free foods, as per his nutritionist’s advice.
9) Djokovic is one of the few players to join the “Champions for Peace” club, which is a group that contains famous athletes committed to serving peace through sports.
10) He has a strange habit of talking to himself while playing.