10 Interesting Facts About Joe Biden
Learn More about Interesting Facts About Joe Biden below, So that we can get more knowledge about trivia & answers for Joe Biden.
1. Who Is Joe Biden?
Joe Biden belongs to the Democratic Party and has served as the 47th Vice President of the United States for eight years during the Obama administration. Biden spent most of his childhood in Delaware, his home state. He also did his college education in the University of Delaware.
2. Joe Biden Has Ran for Presidency Twice Before
Once in 1987 and once in 2008, Joe Biden ran for Presidency before opting out and becoming the running mate for Barack Obama. In 2016, Biden once again decided to run for the presidency instead of Hillary but did not.
Where Was Joe Biden Born?
- A. New Jersey
- B. Wyoming
- C. Pennsylvania
- D. Chicago
3. Joe Biden Lost His Family in an Accident
Biden lost his first wife Neilia and daughter Naomi in a car accident in 1972. His two sons Beau and Hunter survived the accident with serious injuries. Biden remarried Jill Tracy Jacobs in 1977.
4. Biden Will Be the Oldest President if Elected
At 77, and after 36 years in politics, Joe Biden will be the oldest American President to take position if elected in the 2020 elections.
5. The 1981 British dramatic film, ‘Chariots of Fire’ is apparently Joe Biden’s favorite movie of all times, he said in a 2008 interview.
6. Joe Biden Played Football in High School
Biden played the halfback position in his high school football team at the Archmere Academy in Claymont.
7. In 2002, Biden voted for military intervention in Iraq during the Obama administration.
8. Joe Biden’s oldest son Beau who also became the Senator of Delaware died in 2015 due to brain cancer. He was 46 at the time of death and is survived by his children Natalie Biden and Robert Biden II.
9. In 2017, Joe Biden received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Obama, a prestigious award given to someone who has contributed to the security, and national interests of the United States.
10. Joe Biden and his wife Jill Biden started the Biden Foundation on February 1, 2017. But, after Biden announced that he is running for President, all the operations of the Foundation were suspended.