Pizza is one of the most popular foods in America and all over the world. This stunning food traces back to ancient Greece and also the italians got credited for its perfection. Whether it is plain cheese pizza or mixed pizza with different kinds of toppings that are a little more exotic, people of all ages are addicted to this thin crust pizza. Here are some little unknown outrageous facts about pizza that you never heard before.
Top 10 Amazing Facts You Didn’t Know About Pizza
- On average, Americans consume around 3 billion pizzas each and every year. And, in overall, the United States accounts for about one-third of global pizza consumption.
- According to ancient history, Greeks and Egyptians started cooking pizza with a flatbread and topping it with olive oil and other spices. And, the modern pizza, we know evolved from Naples, Italy.
- Based on analysis, men are more likely to eat pizza when compared to women and childrens. The total consumption of men is 15%, and women is 11% . Kids between the ages of 2 and 19 were also proven to be the biggest pizza eaters, with 20%.
- Did you know? In the United States, 36% of people eat pizza as a breakfast meal. And, pizza always tastes better the next day.
- The biggest pizza recorded in history was prepared by Dovilio Nardi, Andrea Mannocchi, Marco Nardi, Matteo Nardi and Matteo Giannotte in Rome, Italy. The total surface area of the pizza is 13,580.28 ft².
- Around the world, there are thousands of pizza restaurants to choose from. But 59% of Americans in the United States opt to prepare their pizza at home instead.
- The word “Pizza” was first introduced around 997 AD in Gaeta, Italy. Since then, the name started to spread to different parts of central and southern Italy.
- October is considered as the National Pizza Month. Iin October 1984, the publisher of Pizza Today magazine, Gerry Durnell created this month. And now, It is celebrated every year.
- Around 1 in 8 Americans eat pizza daily. When compared to other consumers, boys between the age group of 6 to 19 are more likely to eat pizza daily.
- The international pizza expo is the world’s largest pizza industry show. And the attendees will be pizzeria owners and operators, distributors and food brokers from all over the world.
Where Was Modern Pizza Invented?
- A. Italy
- B. Greece
- C. Rome
- D. Canada