Christopher Julius Rock III, commonly called Chris Rock, is a famous American comedian. He was born on 7th February 1966 in South Carolina and grew up in Brooklyn. Not only in the past three decades, but Chris Rock has also been making people laugh right from his young age. But not all jokes will make you laugh, and some can provoke your anger. He recently got punched on the Oscars stage by Will Smith for making lame jokes about Smith’s wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, and this incident about Chris rock at Oscars 2022 is going rounds on social media. Here are some of the fascinating facts about Chris Rock.
Top 12 Interesting Facts About Chris Rock
- Chris Rock’s mother was a teacher. Her father died in an accident. Chris is the eldest of seven children. All his three brothers followed him in the entertainment industry.
- He worked as a busboy and hospital orderly before becoming a stand-up comedian at 19.
- Chris Rock dropped out of school in his 10th grade and earned a GED. He later studied broadcast journalism at the community college.
- He hosted Oscar twice, one in 2016 and another in 2016.
- Entertainment Weekly named him the “Funniest Man in America” in 2004.
- Chris loves and admires Jerry Seinfeld and Woody Alen.
- He has won many notable awards and honors, including three Grammy Awards, four Emmy awards (he was nominated 19 times), American comedy awards, etc. He also won Best Spoken Comedy albums in 1998 and 2000 for Bigger and Blacker.
- In 2002, he described his style to Oprah as half rapper and half preacher.
- After being together for two decades, Chris Rock divorced Malaak Compton in August 2016.
- Chirs Rock made his film debut in 1987’s Beverly Hills Cop II in a small role, and he made his directorial debut with Head of State in 2003.
- He is also the author of the best-selling book, Rock This! The book covers many topics such as autobiography, race, gender, governor, his personal life, etc.
- Chris Rock learned to swim at the age of 55.