Visiting Walt Disney World or Disney World is a dream for many. Many people visit Disney World every year or for every vacation. There are various reasons people love Disney World. It gives you a break from your life and takes you to a fantasy world. The first Disney World was built in 1955 in Anaheim, California by Walt Disney and was an immediate success. With more than 20 million people visiting, today Disney is one of the most popular destinations for tourists in the world. Here are some interesting facts about Disney World movie secrets.
Top Disney World Fun Facts
- National Disney Day is celebrated every year on 5th December in remembrance of the legendary Walter Elias Disney.
- There are more than 1200 hidden Mickeys all around Disney World.
- Disney has a secret tunnel system or underworld.
- Walt Disney’s animated character was not Mickey Mouse. It was a rabbit named Oswald.
- Walt Disney mortgaged his own house to film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- You’ll find a missing stripe of stars in the American national flags at Disney World. Since U.S. flags must follow the flag code, the flags are purposefully made with missing stripes or stars.
- Disney is the proud owner of one of the tallest fountains in the world. It can shoot water about 150 feet in the air.
- There is a trash can every 30 feet, no matter where you are.
- Around 200 sunglasses have been lost and found daily in Disney World.
- There are 30,000 rooms in all Disney resorts throughout the world.
- Disney charged $3.50 for adults and $1 for children when Magic Kingdom opened in 1971.
- Walt Disney is one of the largest employers in the world. More than 77,000 employees are working in Walt Disney World.