For decades, there have been absurd laws around the world and Arkansas is no different. Arkansas state laws may seem a little crazy while some laws are really thoughtful. Here we have gathered some weird laws in Arkansas, some of them do exist still and some of them do not. Get to know about the crazy Arkansas laws through our engaging quiz. Play now.
15 Weird Arkansas Laws That Still Exist
- Atheists are disqualified from holding office or testifying as witnesses.
- One cannot suddenly stop or start their car at a Little Rock Mcdonald’s.
- In Little Rock, dogs must not bark after 6 p.m.
- Fayetteville, Arkansas forbids the killing of any kind of living being.
- It is forbidden to keep an alligator in a bathtub.
- Yelling children at drive-in Arkansas restaurants is prohibited.
- No horn honking allowed at a sandwich or cold drink shop after 9 pm.
- The pronunciation of “Arkansas” is incorrect.
- You are not allowed to walk your cow down Main Street after 1 p.m. on Sunday.
- You are not allowed to leave the premises of a drive-in restaurant while parking your car.
- Men are restricted from asking a woman to dance during the month of July.
- Teachers in Arkansas can’t receive a raise if they trim their hair.
- The flirting between men and women on the streets of Little Rock will end you up to a 30-day jail sentence.
- According to the old Arkie law books, a man cannot legally beat his wife for more than a month.
- Rivers in Arkansas can rise no higher than to the main street bridge.