With Easter just around the corner, people from all over the world started to prepare for the festival. There are many interesting facts about Easter that are both informative and obscure. Get to know about it through our blog. You will find interesting facts and information about Easter through our Easter trivia quiz and don’t forget to amaze your friends with our quiz.
Easter Candy Sales Statistics & Easter Spending Facts
This year on 4th April the people from all over the world celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ by serving the church, music, and ringing the church bells. Apart from these traditions people also share chocolate, Easter eggs, Easter bunnies, and so on. Between these traditions, hundreds and billions of dollars go into preparing. The people of the United States spend a lot of money on Easter candies and Easter celebrations. Get to know about the Easter candy sales statistics below through our fun facts.
- On average, people of the United States spend about $18 billion dollars for Easter.
- As Easter arrives during the spring season people prefer to wear pastel or floral-themed clothes and hence they spend nearly $3.3 on clothes each year.
- In the United States, the traditional food on Easter includes ham, chicken, lamb. And in total $ 5.7 billion is spent on Easter foods.
- Around 90 million chocolate bunnies are made worldwide each year. From that 90% of Americans include them in their basket which costs around $2.5 billion.
- As Egg is considered a symbol of rebirth, an astounding 180 million eggs are purchased for Easter alone, where people get to decorate their eggs and put some gifts with them.
- Easter Baskets another famous tradition that adds an estimated amount of $5.6 billion dollars. The Easter baskets are filled with chocolates and gifts like soft toys, bedtime books, candies, finger paints, and so on.
- According to statistics, an average person spends about $151 for Easter and it includes items that are related to traditional gifts and events.
How Many Chocolate Easter Bunnies Are Made Each Year in Preparation for Easter?
- A. 80 Million
- B. 90 Million
- C. 100 Million
- D. 110 Million