Johnny Depp is renowned for playing varied roles — teenage boyfriend, pirate, a teenage cop, rebel, and others. He is one of the biggest and most popular movie stars of all time. His breathtaking performances in Pirates of the Caribbean, The Lone Ranger, and Alice in Wonderland helped him gain fame. In this blog, we put together some facts about Johnny Depp, personal history, and biography to help you test your knowledge. He earned a reputation for his willingness to take on the characters that nobody easily would say yes to.
Important facts about Johnny Depp,
Are you wondering what makes Johnny Depp unique? Discover details about Jack Sparrow that will awe you.
- Depp dropped out of school to pursue a career in music at 15. But he changed his mind and wanted to continue his studies, so he approached the principal. The principal asked him to become a musician.
- He founded a rock band called Hollywood Vampires in 2015 with Alice Cooper and Joe Perry. The band released its first album Hollywood Vampires in 2015 and in 2019, they released an album called Rise. The band’s album appeared with many names including Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, and the late Christopher Lee.
- Depp was close to another celebrity, Nicolas Cage who asked Depp to start acting.
- Johnny Depp is not only a famous actor and musician but also the co-owner of the infamous Hollywood nightclub the Viper Room.
- Depp featured in People’s annual “Sexiest Man Alive” issue twice—in 2003 and 2009.
- During an interview with E, he revealed that he surprises children at a hospital with the Jack Sparrow costume and spends some time with all of the different children.
- Johnny Depp has never won an Oscar award in his career but has been nominated over 50 times. He was nominated in the Best Actor category at the 2004 Academy Awards for his role in Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl. He was also nominated for the Best Actor category for Finding Neverland in 2005, and for Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street in 2008.
- Johnny Depp who portrayed Willy Wonka was allergic to chocolate as a child.
- Depp is also known for portraying the Mad Hatter in ‘Alice in Wonderland.’ But in real life, he is afraid of clowns, ghosts, and spiders.
- Surprisingly, Depp worked with American film director Tim Burton eight times.
- Johnny Depp is a fan of Heath Ledger. He stepped in to finish Ledger’s unfinished role in the film “The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus,” portraying different incarnations of his character and donated his pay to Heath’s daughter Matilda (as did the other actors).
When Did Johnny Depp Join Hollywood Vampires?
- A. 2000
- B. 2015
- C. 2011
- D. 2020