Lots of weird laws have been written over the years, and they are still on the books for reasons. Nebraska is a midwestern state known for agricultural production, farming, stunning natural attractions, and some weird laws. If you plan to visit the state, you need to learn these crazy laws in Nebraska that’ll leave you scratching your head in surprise. Though these strange laws seem laughable, you shouldn’t break them. Get to know these strange laws in Nebraska before you book a trip.
10 Stupid Laws in Nebraska
What is the dumb law in Nebraska? We have listed the Nebraska state laws that you should know if you don’t want to pay a fine or go to jail.
- It Is Illegal to Sneeze or Burp during a Church Service in the City of Omaha
During Church service, sneezing or burping is not allowed in Omaha. You should have control over bodily functions when you are in the Church in Nebraska.
Is It Against the Law to Sneeze in a Church in Nebraska?
- A. Yes
- B. No
- Whale Fishing Is Forbidden
If you love fishing, here is some news for you. Whale fishing is strictly prohibited in Nebraska.
- Doughnut Holes Are Forbidden in the City of Leigh
Why did Leigh, Nebraska, ban donut holes? If you love doughnuts, you should be careful in Nebraska. Doughnut holes were banned, and this crazy law was passed in 1887 in the city of Leigh. This law was ignored as it appears to be absurd and formally canceled in 1997.
- Barbers Are Not Allowed to Eat Onions
Bad breaths are not encouraged in salons. Barbers are not permitted to eat onions from 7 am till the afternoon. This weird law was passed in 1910.
- Men in Nebraska Forbidden to Run around with Shaved Chests
Men with shaved chests are not permitted to roam around. If you ever visit Nebraska, just make sure you won’t be running around with your chest rug, or else you need to pay a fine.
- Condoms are Distributed by Doctors
Nebraska law says only doctors can distribute condoms.
- The Owner of Every Hotel Must Provide Each Guest with a Clean and Pressed Nightshirt
It seems like Nebraska follows the best hotel etiquette. Hotel owners must provide each guest a neat and pressed nightshirt.
- People Who Have Gonorrhea Aren’t Allowed to Get Married
According to Nebraska law, people with gonorrhea are forbidden from getting married. Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease that can infect men and women.
- It Is Prohibited for a Mother to Give Her Daughter a Perm
Mothers are not allowed to give their daughters a perm without legal permission. If you want to change your daughter’s hairstyle, better get a legal license.
- It Is against the Law for Bar Owners to Sell Beer
It is against the law to sell beer unless it is served along with a kettle of soup.