Met Gala may be a fundraising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York but judging between the best and worst Met Gala looks is what makes the ball more interesting. So we have come up with the 10 craziest Met Gala outfits of all time for you.
Jaw-Dropping Met Gala Dresses
The charity event organized by Vogue has seen several iconic designers, Hollywood Stars, and other reputed individuals of the fashion industry but Naomi Campbell is your go-to person if you want to choose an outfit for a particular theme.
From 1990 to 2019, from Versace to Valentino, Campbell has rocked all the 13 Met Galas she has ever attended.
When Was the First Met Gala Held?
- A. 1970
- B. 1962
- C. 1954
- D. 1948
Met Gala Looks throughout the Years
Here are the top 10 Met Gala looks of the decade from best to worst:
- Christy Turlington attended the 1992 Met Gala in her black gown paired with numerous rows of pearl chains designed by Gianni Versace
- Princess Diana the queen of elegance and poise sported a Dior navy dress along with a simply grand diamond choker in 1996
- Women in lace is not an unusual sight at a Met Gala but Marc Jacobs made heads turn when he arrived at the 2012 ball in his sheer race outfit designed by Rei Kawakubo
- Beyonce proved that bedazzled outfits were not for little girls with her sheer thin gown tailored by Givenchy for the 2015 Gala
- Bella Hadid, the woman with the most symmetrical face on earth, hogged the spotlight of the 2017 Ball all to herself in a black lace catsuit designed by Alexander Wang
- Polly Mellen’s 1989 dress resembled a glass painted church window that was ready to slip down making it the first of the many wardrobe malfunctions that ensued
- Katty Perry’s 2015 outfit designed by Versace turned out to be more like Lucifer- The Fallen Angel
- Rihanna had offended many Christians with her 2018 seductive Pope ensemble encrusted with jewels
- Harry Styles in a black Gucci jumpsuit resembling a victorian waiter made him laughing stock for netizens
- Kim and Kanye turned up to the camp-themed Met Gala with an uninterested look and totally out of theme outfit.
Are you ready to answer the trivia on the craziest Met Gala outfits of all time?