Are you one of those people who still have a doubt that, why is an apple a day good for you? and Why does an apple a day keep the doctor away? Apples are rich in nutrients, vitamins C, and fibers. The Phytonutrients in the apple prevent you from cardiovascular disease and diabetes. The skin of the apple contains most of the nutrients but many of them fail to recognize it. Apple is also considered to be teeth- whitening fruit as they can destroy the germs and bacteria from your mouth and prevent you from tooth decay.
Benefits of Eating an Apple a Day
- Good for diabetics and blood sugar regulation – The polyphenols in apple help to prevent tissue damage in the pancreas and the fiber in apple help to stabilize the blood sugar levels in your body.
- Helps in weight loss – With 116 calories and 5.4 grams of fiber, apple helps in reducing your belly fat because of its low calories. It also improves the overall quality of your diet.
- Good for your heart – Apples are rich in soluble fiber, which helps in lowering blood pressure and cholesterol. The polyphenols in them are linked to lowered risk of a stroke attack.
- Relieve constipation and diarrhea – The high concentration of pectin in apple not only helps in digestion but also draws water from your digestive tract and pushes stool through your digestive tract. The malic acid in apple is useful for digestion.
- Strengthen the bones – The antioxidant named quercetin in apple helps prevent age-related neuron tissue loss and also fights inflammation against bone degeneration.
- Reduces cholesterol – Eating 2 whole apples a day helps reduce cholesterol. Fibers in apple play an important role in lowering cholesterol levels up to 10%.
- Boost brainpower – The juice concentrate in apple reduced the harmful ROS(Reactive Oxygen Species) in the brain tissue and also the mild cognitive impairment.
- For stronger gums and bright smiles – Apple is considered to be a great source of water and fiber, which combines to act as a cleansing agent. The malic acid and fiber texture in apple removes the bacteria from the mouth & helps in teeth whitening.
To know the Facts About Grocery Store Apples click here..
The famous proverb “ An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away” came into existence from?
- A. 17th Century
- B. 18th Century
- C. 19th Century
- D. 20th Century