Do you know all these legal laws of Connecticut?
Laws are implemented to lead a peaceful life. Connecticut is home to literally thousands of laws- some of them wackier than others. Many laws are no longer followed. Some laws may seem odd, unusual, funny, and weird but learning these strange Connecticut laws can save you from going to jail. Some of these laws seem outdated but for some reason, they haven’t gotten rid of them. If you think you are well-versed in the dumbest CT laws, here is a good way to test your knowledge of the Constitution State. Take our fun quiz on strange laws in Connecticut online for free and impress your friends.
Weird Laws in Connecticut That’ll Make You Laugh
Is Silly String Illegal in Connecticut?
- A. Yes
- B. No
What is the weirdest law in Connecticut? If you ever pay a visit to Connecticut, these weird laws in Connecticut come in handy.
- It is unlawful to ride a bicycle at more than 65mph speed.
- Politicians are banned from campaigning at a Town Dump.
- In some Connecticut towns, after sunsets, people are not authorized to walk backward. This law was passed to avoid danger in the dark.
- Pickle must bounce, only then considered a pickle. Also, it is believed that this law was passed because two men were caught selling rotten pickles.
- It is against the law to observe a UFO.
- You will be charged $1 for frowning in public.
- In Willimantic, horses are not permitted to walk on the streets and highways during the night unless it has a “bright” red light attached to its rump.
- In Connecticut, if you dispose of used razor blades that means you are breaking the law.
- It is punishable to walk across the street with the help of your hands in Hartford.
- It is against the law to discharge a firearm on a public highway.
- Towns shouldn’t keep records on where liquor is sold.
- In the city of Hartford, it is forbidden to educate dogs.
- In Waterbury, beauticians are prohibited to whistle, hum or sing while working with a customer.
- Southington, it is against the law to use silly strings in the state. In the middle 1990s, a group of kids ran to the police officer and sprayed silly string at him during the Apple Harvest Festival. In order to stop such accidents, the law was passed on the sale of products.
- In New Britain, it is against the law to drive a fire truck more than 25mph, even if it is going to a fire.
- In Hartford, a man is prohibited from kissing his wife on Sunday.
- In Rocky Hill, an arcade is not permitted to have more than four amusement devices, including pinball machines, ping-pong tables, or shuffleboard tables.
- It is against the law if farmers shouldn’t mark their pigs.
- In Meriden, using a bean whistle is banned.
- In Guilford, people are permitted to use white Christmas lights for display.
- It is punishable to eat in the car.
- It is against the law to dress like a clown.
- It is prohibited to advertise with balloons.