Where Richest Americans Live:
California and New York are the states where ultra-high-net-worth individuals live!
I bet you haven’t guessed these two states. Are you wondering why most of the billionaires’ households are found in these two cities? America’s richest community wants a peaceful city rather than hustle and bustle of metropolises.
Why California Attracts Billionaires?
1. How Many Billionaires Are There in New York City?
- A. 112
- B. 212
- C. 122
- D. 121
Surprisingly, California tops and knocks other states like New York and Texas with 157 billionaires. California is one of the richest, wealthiest states and also one of America’s wealthiest leading business centers.
According to the top club of billionaires on the 32nd annual list, California holds the richest people including Palo Alto resident Mark Zuckerberg. 99 California’s wealthy citizens appeared on the 2019 Forbes 400 worth $690.9 billion. From that list, 92 Californians held $624.4 billion in the last year.
Here Is a List of Billionaires Who Live in the Golden State California-
- Mark Zuckerberg,- Facebook founder and CEO, net worth $61 billion
- Larry Ellison, Oracle co-founder, net worth $58.4 billion
- Larry Page, Google co-founder, net worth $53.8 billion
- Sergey Brin, Google co-founder, net worth $52.4 billion
- Apple’s Laurene Powell Jobs & family, net worth $20.5 billion
- Elon Musk, Tesla CEO net worth $19.6 billion
- Donald Bren, Real estate developer, net worth $16.4 billion
- Eric Schmidt, Former Google CEO net worth $14.4 billion
- Dustin Moskovitz, Facebook co-founder, net worth $10.9 billion
- Jan Koum, WhatsApp CEO net worth $9.6 billion
Why New York Holds America’s Richest People?
New York is recognized for its uber-healthy and well-established estate business. It remains home to billionaires like David Koch (who passed away) with $41 billion net worth, Michael Bloomberg with $55 billion net worth, Carl Icahn with $31 billion net worth. NYC is packed with financial, cultural and commercial centers. It is not surprising that NYC rules with 112 super-rich billionaires of any state in the world, beating cities like London and Moscow.
Here Are the Top NYC’s Media Empires, Real Estate Moguls, and Hedge Fund Billionaires as per Forbes.
- Michael Bloomberg,- $55.5 billion
- David Koch- $50.5 billion
- Rupert Murdoch- $19.4 billion
- Len Blavatnik,- $17.7 billion
- Carl Icahn- $17.4 billion
- Leonard Lauder- $14.6 billion
- Alain Wertheimer,-$14.6 billion
- Gerard Wertheimer- $14.6 billion
- Stephen Schwarzman- $13.2 billion
- Donald Newhouse- $11.8 billion
- Ronald Perelman- $9.4 billion
- Stephen Ross- $7.6 billion
Hence, California and New York stand for the best places to live in the U.S if you are rich.