MGM Grand Las Vegas is known as the largest hotel in America. The hotel is located on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise in Nevada.
Biggest Hotel in America
It is easy to round up plenty of superlatives when it comes to Las Vegas hotels and casinos. MGM Grand Hotel & Casino offers the best gaming experience such as blackjack, poker, slot machines, race, and sports betting, and much more! It is the biggest single hotel in the US with 6,852 rooms. It is also known as the third-largest hotel complex in the world. It was opened in 1993 and became the largest hotel complex in the world.
MGM Grand was owned by MGM Growth Properties and the Blackstone Group. It is operated by MGM Resorts International, located on the 30-floor main building at 293 ft high. The hotel has five outdoor pools, waterfalls, and rivers that cover 6.6 acres. The hotel consists of numerous shops, an extensive array of restaurants, night clubs, retail offerings, and the biggest casino in Clark Country, which covers 171,500 sq ft (15,930 m2).
1. When Was MGM Grand Hotel Opened?
- A. 1994
- B. 1993
- C. 1996
- D. 1999
Facts You Didn’t Know About MGM Grand
We have come up with surprising facts about MGM grand which you may not know. Let’s get started.
- There is almost 70,000 hotel staff who pass through the hotel, daily. It is the same size as the small city, Scranton, PA.
- MGM Grand hotel staff wash 92,000 lbs of linens every day.
- The hotel’s gaming floor covers 170,000 square feet and contains around 2,300 gaming machines.
- Forget Scranton, on fight night, around 100, 000 people pass through MGM Grand hotel and drink almost 50,000 bottles of beers.
- In 1973, the first MGM Grand Hotel was established on the site of the old Bonanza Hotel and Casino. It cost a whopping $106 million which is equal to $560 million today. In 1973, MGM sold that property. It now belongs to Bally’s. MGM moved the current site that was once the Marina Hotel.
- At MGM Grand, the fight between Tyson and Holyfield was tough all around. It happened on June 28, 1997, during the match Mike Tyson bit off a piece of Evander Hollyfield’s ear.
- The old casino entrance was through a giant lion’s mouth but some people worried that it was bad luck to enter a casino through the lion’s mouth. So MGM decided to build a new 100,000 lb bronze lion statue above the entrance of the hotel.