In the history of the globe, Queen Elizabeth II had the longest reign. At the age of 25, she was crowned queen. Her Majesty recently passed away peacefully at the age of 96, after 70 years of remarkable ruling. She is the epitome of strength and wisdom. Read along to know more about Queen Elizabeth II history and some unknown facts.
Do you know that the Queen of England proposed to her husband when she was only 13 years old? Elizabeth and Philip met for the first time at a family gathering when she was only eight years old. They finally crossed paths four years later, during a time of global crisis. It was love at first sight for both of them. The pair stayed in touch and wrote each other a lot of letters while Philip served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War. The couple married in 1947. The relationship between the pair was solid. They have been married for about 73 years and, in comparison to their children, have had a strong marriage.
Unknown interesting facts about Queen Elizabeth II
- Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip were on a tour to Kenya when the Queen’s father King George VI passed away in his sleep.
- Elizabeth and Philip, her spouse, were third cousins. Philip was related to Queen Victoria through his mother, and Elizabeth was related to her through her father. Technically they are cousins.
- The Queen’s real birthday is on the 21st of April, but the country didn’t officially celebrate until June 11. Monarchs whose birthdays fall in the wintertime usually plan an extra, official celebration for their birthday in the spring, when the conditions are more likely suitable for a parade.
- The queen had her heart for pets. She was a big corgi lover and owned around 30 corgis throughout her lifetime. She was gifted her first Corgi as her 18th birthday gift from her father.
- The queen accidentally introduced a new pet breed “Dorgi,” when her pet corgi and her sister, Princess Margaret’s pet dog Dachshund mated.
- The queen had a great sense of humor. She used to mimic the sound of a Concorde jet landing. She even trolled a set of tourists who failed to recognize her and asked her if she had ever met the Queen. Her Majesty gave a savage reply telling them that she hasn’t but her guards have.
- Essie’s Ballet Slippers, a pale pink nail polish that almost resembles nude, is the hue that the queen prefered to wear and you will not believe its cost. It only costs $9 a bottle.
- Queen Elizabeth II net worth is $500 million and most of her wealth will be by the queen’s children.
Queen Elizabeth II children
The Queen gave birth to four children namely King Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, and Prince Edward. In addition to eight grandchildren, Queen Elizabeth also had twelve great-grandchildren.
Queen Elizabeth II reigned for how many years?
- A. 80 years
- B. 96 years
- C. 54 years
- D. 70 years
Hope the blog on Queen Elizabeth II history of life and marriage was fascinating. Let us check your knowledge on how much you know about British royals. Are you ready to take up the Trivia Quiz?