Laws are mainly created to protect our safety, from offering guidelines to ensuring our rights laws serve various purposes. Maine is one of the popular cities in the United States that is famous for lobster and weird laws. Here we’ve put together some of the weird laws in Maine
Weird Maine Laws
- It is illegal to advertise in the cemetery or burying grounds. This law was created to protect the integrity of cemeteries. Should we consider this as a stupid law in Maine?
- You’re not supposed to gamble at the airport in Biddeford.
- No person is allowed to roller skate on a sidewalk. If you do so, you’ll be fined $10!
- It is prohibited to sell cars on Sunday unless it is equipped with plumbing. This weird law in Maine is some of the old-school blue laws that prevent certain activities on Sunday for religious reasons.
- You will be fined for having your Christmas decorations after January 14. So make sure to take down your Christmas decorations before January 14. This is definitely one of the weird laws in Maine.
- In Portland, Shoelaces should be tied while walking down the street, and it is unlawful to walk with their shoelace untied. This dumb law in Maine is still on the law books.
- In Waterville, you can’t blow your nose in public. Better stay indoors if you have a cold or be prepared to pay a fine.
- It is prohibited to bite a landlord under any circumstances in Rumford. Sounds funny, right? This law is not only for humans but also for pets. This is definitely one of the funny Maine laws.
- In South Berwick, it is illegal to park your car in front of a Dunkin’ location. This weird Maine law was created to prevent traffic because the Dunkin’ location is so popular.
- It is unlawful to step out of a plane during a flight. But what about skydiving?
- You’re not supposed to feed a deer in Wells. If you think this law is one of the stupid laws in Maine, you’re wrong! Actually, this law makes sense because feeding a deer can cause ecological damage, property damage, and increased risk of transmission of diseases.
- It is illegal to sell a mercury thermometer in the airport. It’s unknown why this dumb law in Maine was created.
- According to the safety vehicle laws, no one under the age of 19 can ride in the back of a truck.
What Is Illegal in Maine?
- A. Stepping Out of a Plane
- B. Bite Landlord
- C. Selling Cars on Sunday
- D. All of the Above