If you are reading this article, then cars are not just a mode of transportation for you. People love cars for different reasons, some love them because they allow them to have a sense of freedom. Some love cars because they love to discover the mechanics behind it. Some love cars for their classy look. For whatever reason, if you are a car enthusiast, this article is for you. Here we have listed interesting facts about car brands to fuel your interest in cars. In this article, you will learn more cool facts about cars and interesting car facts history. These car trivia facts or fun facts about car brands will help you gain more knowledge.
- Are you one of those people who think the logo of BMW indicates helicopter propellers? If so, then you are probably wrong. This story has been circulating around the internet for a long time, this is because BMW actually built airplane engines before it started producing cars. But it is actually a representation of the Bavarian Flag. The logo is featured with the blue and black colors of the flag. But why? Let’s see a throwback story! The company was formed in 1916, but back then it was called Bayerische Flugzeugwerke AG. Later, it was renamed to Bayerische Motoren Werke (BMW) in 1922. It is a German multinational company that produces luxury cars and motorcycles. The headquarters of BMW is still located in Bavaria, Munich. This is the story behind the logo, but it’s a happy coincidence that it also indicates helicopter propellers.
- Are you a James Bond fan and love Aston Martin cars? Here is a special fact for you. Macho Daniel Craig who played the role of James Bond is awarded the privilege of taking any Aston Martin cars for the rest of his life. This shows why it is good to be James Bond not only in movies but also in real life. But wait! It is not it, he also can get to test their limits on the race track if he likes it.
- One of the biggest luxury car brands first started as tractor manufacturers. Ferruccio Lamborghini was the founder of the Automobili Ferruccio Lamborghini S.p.A in 1963. Once he took his Ferrari 250GT to get his clutch replaced with a better one, Enzo Ferrarri replied “You’re just a silly tractor manufacturer, how could you possibly know anything about sports cars?” This phrase changed his life and within the next 4 months he launched his first ever sports car, Lamborghini 350 GTV.
- Toyota Motor Corporation was founded in 1937 by Kiichiro Toyoda. Toyota when entering the passenger car market, conducted a competition for their new logo for their new product line. From the 27,000 entries, one name was selected and it also resulted in the name change from “Toyoda” to “Toyota”. They believed that the eight stroke count of the name indicated wealth and good fortune. In the symbol, three ovals overlap, two ovals in the center indicates the trust of the customer and the company. The other oval encircling these two ovals indicates the expansion and endless opportunities. If you notice the logo, you can also see a steering wheel. Another interesting fact about Toyota is that it is the world’s first automobile manufacturer to produce more than 10 million vehicles each year.
- Whenever we think of Rolls Royce, all we can remember is the “Spirit of Ecstasy” on the bonnet. We all know BMW purchased Rolls Royce in 2002, they paid around $40 million to the winged lady. The Spirit of Ecstasy holds an interesting history. In the beginning, there were no ornaments on the car. Later, the Rolls Royce company was surprised to see how most of the brands back then introduced cars with ornaments. They also planned to build cars with ornaments and that is how the Spirit of Ecstasy was invented.
This is the list of cool & random facts about car brands. If you are a car lover, we bet this article would have helped you a lot.
When Did BMW Purchase Rolls Royce?
- A. 2000
- B. 2001
- C. 2002
- D. 2003