Want to know why New Mexico is so weird? Here are ‘bizarre’ laws in the land of Mexico. Let’s have a look at some of stupid laws in New Mexico.
1. Women Were Not Allowed to Appear Unshaven in Public
The city of Carrizozo demands that women shave before they step out into public. It’s just one of the weird laws in New Mexico. Read further to know more.
2. It Is Illegal for a Woman to Pump Her Own Gas or Replace a Flat Tire
It is against the law for a woman to change her own flat tires and pump her own gas. That’s a crazy law, isn’t it?
1. In New Mexico, It’s against the Law to Challenge Someone to a Duel with a Deadly Weapon.
- A. True
- B. False
3. Cabbies Are Allowed to Pull Customers into Their Cabs
In Albuquerque, cabbies aren’t allowed to reach out or pull customers into their cars. This makes some sense!
4. It Is Illegal to Carry a Lunch Box
It is against the law to carry a lunch box down the main street in Las Cruces. So, take a different route if you have to travel with your lunch box!
5. It Is against the Law to Spit in Public
It is strictly prohibited in New Mexican to spit on any public property, building, or sidewalk. Well done! That is definitely not one of the stupid laws in New Mexico.
6. You Should Not Encourage a Duel with a Deadly Weapon
Involving in a duel with a power weapon is strictly against Mexican law. This law was made to discourage manslaughter. Good Job!
7. It Is against the Law to Buy Glue, Spray and Permanent Marker or Paint
Children from New Mexico are not permitted to buy these things without their parents’ permission. This is definitely one of the craziest laws in New Mexico!
8. It Is Not Allowed to Trip a Horse
It is weird, you will be charged for a misdemeanor that is if you trip a horse. Respect the horse!
9. It’s against the Rule to Print Someone’s Name Incorrectly
Another quirky Mexican law! In Quemado, It is strictly against the law to print somebody’s name and spell it mistakenly. Why would someone label it as one of the dumb laws in New Mexico? The name should be spelled and printed correctly, isn’t it?
10. It Is Not Permitted to Dance with a Sombrero
It’s strictly prohibited! You’ll end up in a big problem if you wear your sombrero while dancing. Because it’s illegal!
11. Minors Are Not Allowed in the Pool Hall
Minors under the age of 18 are strictly not allowed to hang out in the pool hall. Great move!
12. No Sexual Act in a Parked Car
It is illegal to engage in sexual activity during lunch break, especially in a parked car. Well, that’s crazy!